Your Voicemail Greeting
At Dialpad, we're all about individuality. The generic, robo-voicemail just isn't going to cut it. That's why we give you the option to record or upload your own .mp3 file.
You can customize a greeting by:
- Recording/uploading from your computer (requires Chrome)
- Recording from your phone
Let's take a look at the steps for each.
Record from your Computer
- Navigate to Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Voicemail & Missed Calls or if you are in the desktop app navigate to the drop-down arrow next to your photo > Account Settings > Voicemail & Missed Calls
- Select Record a Greeting
- A pop-up will appear prompting you to name your greeting, followed by a record button
Recorded greetings are capped off at 45 seconds. Once you've completed your recording, you'll have the option to Playback, Rename, or Delete.
Upload from your Computer
Uploading your own .mp3 file requires:
- Max. file size of 10MB
- Google Chrome
You can record/upload more than one voicemail greeting.
Record from your Mobile or SIP Phone (user and VM PIN)
- Call your direct Dialpad # from your cell or SIP device
- When prompted, enter your User & Voicemail PIN
- An IVR message will prompt you to record a new greeting
Check Your Voicemail
Need to check your voicemails? Head to Inbox > Voicemails. Each voicemail displays:
- Your caller's ID
- Length of their message
Click on the drop-down next to your voicemail to either:
- Mark as unread
- Delete Thread
If you'd prefer, you can receive email notifications when you receive a new voicemail. You'll find this option under Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Voicemail & Missed Calls.
Just because you're not on your desktop doesn't mean you can't check your voicemail. Learn how to use your Obihai or SIP to check your voicemail.
If your cell # has been added as a forwarding number, you can check your Dialpad voicemails by calling your direct Dialpad # and entering your User & Voicemail PIN. Note, you will only be able to listen to New Voicemails when calling from your forwarding number.
Need to pass a voicemail along? Just navigate to Inbox > Voicemail and select Forward from the drop-down menu. Your recipient will receive the forwarded voicemail to their email.
From the new window, just enter your recipient's name or number and a personalized message before sending it on its way.
Automatically save your voicemails received on your personal line to Google Drive by navigating to Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Voicemail & Missed Calls > Advanced Settings > Cloud Backup