The features mentioned below will work with any of our compatible Obihai devices outlined here.
Place a Call
With either your handset or headset, you can place a call by:
- Direct Dial
- Searching for a contact
- Scanning through Call History
Search a Contact
To place a call by searching a contact:
- Navigate and select Contacts
- Press Search
- Type in your contact’s name
- Press Search
- Scroll down to review all contact’s with that name
- Select your contact and press Call
Dial an Extension
Extension dialing is an Enterprise feature.
Once your Admin has assigned extensions to your team members, dial the extension # directly into your Obihai and press Call (or wait 3 seconds for automatic dialing).
Extension dialing is only available between team members in the same Company. If your Company has more than one Office, extensions will work across multiple Offices as well.
Receive a Call
You can receive a call by:
- Picking up your headset
- Pressing Answer
Depending on if you have a headset connected, pressing Answer will connect your call via speakerphone (headset) or through the handset.
As part of your Main Line settings when you place a caller on hold via your Obihai device, the caller will hear hold music.
Conference (Add a Caller)
To conference in another caller:
- Press Conference while on an active call
- Either manually type in a number or use phone book to search
- Select your intended recipient and press Call
- First caller is placed on hold while we ring out to additional caller
- Press Conference Now once additional caller answers to add them to your active call
Obihai offers two ways to transfer your call: Warm Transfer or Transfer (Blind). Transfer calls between team members, or between your Executives and Assistants.
Warm Transfer (Ask First)
- On your active call screen, press Warm Transfer
- Dial in your recipient's number (add a '1' before the #)
- Dialpad will automatically ring out to the recipient (while putting your active call on hold)
- Once your recipient answers, you can press Transfer to complete the connection
If your recipient doesn't want to take the call/is unavailable, press End Call then press the active line button in the upper right corner to take back the call with the original caller.
Transfer (Direct Transfer)
- On your active call screen, press Transfer
- Dial your recipient's number (add a '1' before the #)
- Press Dial to send your caller to your transferee
Guest Login (Hotdesking)
Before following these steps, make sure your Dialpad Admin has enabled this on your Office's account. Once enabled, just follow these steps:
- Select More and then Login
- Enter your Dialpad number and your Voicemail & User PIN
Once your Obihai reboots, you'll see your contact information populated on the device. When you need to log out of the device, just select More then Logout (we'll also automatically log you out after 24 hours).
Switch to Obihai Device
If you pick up a call from the desktop app or mobile app and wish to move it to your Obihai, press Take Call.
On the Obi300 Adaptor, pick up the handset and dial your 10 digit Dialpad number. You'll hear it ring twice before it switches back.
To move the call back to the desktop, open your desktop app and click on your caller's name under Active Calls. On the screen that appears, click Switch Call to this Device.
Inbound Caller IDs
Need help deciphering between personal calls and Department calls?
Adjust how your incoming caller ID displays on your device by navigating to Dialpad.com > Your Devices > Forwarding Number > Advanced Settings.
From here you can set preferences for incoming calls to your personal, Department/Main Line, and your Executive line.
Block Your Caller ID
If you're looking for a little privacy, you can opt to block your caller ID by dialing *67 before entering in your recipient's area code and number.
Check Your Voicemail
You can check your voicemail directly from your Obihai. Just dial in your Dialpad number and when prompted, enter your user & voicemail PIN.
After you listen to your messages, you'll be prompted via audio to:
- Keep as New
- Play Again
Message Waiting Indicator
With the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), your Obihai will display a red light at the top when there are any unread voicemails.
After listening to your voicemails (from any device), the light will automatically turn off.
Program Speed Dial
(Obi1032 only) To program speed dial, hold down the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh vertical button on the right side of the desk phone.
From here, pick a line to assign and manually enter your contact's name and phone number.
To set DND on an Obihai 1032:
- Press More on your home screen (can’t be on active call)
- Select DND Status>DND
Your Obihai and all other connected devices will be put in DND mode. To switch back, follow these same steps and select DND Off.