Enable & Create SMS Auto-Reply
To set up your SMS auto-reply, head into Your Settings from Dialpad.com
- Navigate to Call Handling & Voicemail
- Navigate to SMS Auto-Reply
- Check the SMS Auto-Reply box to enable the feature
- Select Automatically reply to messages when in Do Not Disturb mode or Automatically reply to messages received outside of my personal working hours.
- Type your personalized message to send when SMS auto-reply gets activated — it cannot be any longer than 320 characters — and hit enter to save.
How an SMS Auto-Reply Appears
When you have your SMS Auto-Reply enables, Users and non-users of Dialpad will receive the SMS auto-reply message. As long as you chose whether to activate it for outside of personal working hours or in Do Not Disturb mode, the SMS auto-reply message will get sent in the regular conversation thread view.
If your SMS Auto-reply is more than 160 characters in length, it may be split into two messages.