Easily access contacts to make a call or send a message, and store general contact information to know exactly who you're interacting with any time. Dialpad syncs contacts both manually and automatically to ensure your contacts are updated to meet your needs.
Let's take a look at managing contacts in Dialpad.
Create a Contact
From the Dialpad app, navigate to Contacts and select the Add a Contact button in the top-right corner.
Enter contact information including name, phone number, email address, company, role, and URL.
Select Save Contact, then the contact will be stored in your contact directory.
Please review this Help Center article to learn more about syncing contacts automatically.
From the Dialpad app, navigate to a conversation thread with an unsaved number and select Add Contact. Choose Add to Existing or Add New Contact.
Add to Existing lets you attach the number to an existing contact; just enter their name and add a label. If you choose Add New Contact, enter contact information including name, email address, company, role, and URL.
Both options sync this number accordingly.
Edit a Contact
From the Dialpad app, navigate to Contacts and select Edit Contact in the drop-down menu alongside a contact in the list.
Edit contact information such as name, phone number, email address, company, role, and URL.
Select Save Changes, then the contact information will be updated in your contact directory.
If you're already in a conversation thread, just select the Contact Information icon in the right sidebar followed by Edit Contact to quickly make edits.
Block a Contact
Dialpad also gives you the option to block a contact in your list.
Here's how you do it. From the Dialpad app:
- Navigate to Contacts and select the name you wish to block. The contact's profile information will appear in a sidebar on the right. If you don't immediately see the contact's profile information after selecting their name, click the Contact Information icon in the right sidebar.
- Click the red Block Contact button to move them to your blocked users list.
Learn more about blocking a contact or number.
Delete a Contact
Need to delete a contact? Dialpad makes this process nice and easy.
- Navigate to your Contacts.
- Click the grey arrow beside the contact's name on the far right.
- Select Delete
- When prompted, click Delete
Search for a contact
From the Dialpad app, navigate to Search and enter a name.
Notice that a contact may appear in both the Personal Contacts tab and the Group Contacts tab. It allows you to see which contacts you've interacted with directly and which the business interacted with using a Shared Line such as a Main Line, Department, or Call Center.
Hover over the Contact Information icon to see their role and email address at a glance.
View a Contact
From the Dialpad app, open a conversation thread and select the Contact Information icon in the right sidebar.
It will display the contact's name, role, phone number, and email address. To favorite a contact, just select the Star icon located alongside their name.
Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) and Microsoft Office 365 users will also see any shared documents, emails, and calendar events in the right sidebar.
View Contact Directory
From the Dialpad app, navigate to Contacts and select a tab to focus on specific contacts:
- Frequent: Contacts interacted with most often
- Directory: Company-wide team members on Dialpad
- Group Chats: Group chats interacted with
- Departments: List of Departments in Office that expands to Operators assigned
- Blocked: Contacts blocked in Dialpad
Choose a tab, then it will display the corresponding contact information.