Before diving into our user guide, make sure that you're using one of our compatible Polycom devices.
Place a Call
With either your handset or headset, you can place a call by:
- Direct Dial
- Scanning through Call History
Dial an Extension
Once your Admin has assigned extensions to your team members, dial the extension # directly into your Polycom and press Call/Dial (or wait 3 seconds for automatic dialing).
Extension dialing is only available between team members in the same Company. If your Company has more than one Office, extensions will work across multiple Offices as well.
Receive a Call
You can receive a call by:
- Picking up your headset
- Pressing Answer
Depending on if you have a headset connected, pressing Answer will connect your call via speakerphone (headset) or through the handset.
Hold music is not currently supported on Polycoms.
Conference (Add a Caller)
To conference in another caller:
- Press More then Conference on your active call
- Dial in your recipient's number
- First caller is placed on hold while we ring out to additional caller
- Press Conference once additional caller answers to add them to your active call
Polycom offers two ways to transfer your call: Transfer (Warm) or Blind (Direct). Transfer calls between team members, or between your Executives and Assistants.
- On your active call screen, press Transfer
- Press Consultative
- Dial in your recipient's number
- Dialpad will automatically ring out to the recipient (while putting your active call on hold)
- Once your recipient answers, you can press Transfer to complete the connection
If your recipient doesn't want to take the call/is unavailable, press End Call then press the active line button in the upper right corner to take back the call with the original caller.
Blind (Direct Transfer)
- On your active call screen, press Blind
- Dial your recipient's number
- Press Dial to send your caller to your transferee
Guest Login (Hotdesking)
Before following these steps, make sure your Dialpad Admin has enabled this on your Office's account. Once enabled, just follow these steps:
- Select More and then Login
- Enter your Dialpad number and your Voicemail & User PIN
Once your Polycom reboots, you'll see your contact information populated on the device. When you need to log out of the device, just select More then Logout (we'll also automatically log you out after 24 hours).
Switch to this Device
To switch a call to your Polycom device, just select Switch Call on your Polycom device to switch the active call over to your desk phone from either your cell or desktop app.
To move the call back to the desktop, open your desktop app and click on your caller's name under Active Calls. On the screen that appears, click Switch Call to this Device
To adjust how your outbound caller ID appears, navigate to your global caller ID settings.
Inbound Caller ID
Need help deciphering between personal calls and Department calls?
Adjust how your incoming caller ID displays on your device by navigating to Dialpad.com > Your Devices > Forwarding Number > Advanced Settings.
From here you can set preferences for incoming calls to your personal, Department/Main Line, and your Executive line.
Block your Caller ID
If you're looking for a little privacy, you can opt to block your caller ID by dialing *67 before entering in your recipient's area code and number.
Check Your Voicemail
You can check your voicemail directly from your Polycom. Just press the Voicemail button dial on your phone and when prompted, enter your User & Voicemail PIN.
After you listen to your messages, you'll be able to Archive, Keep as New, or Play Again.
Message Waiting Indicator
With the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), your Polycom will display a red light at the top when there are any unread voicemails.
After listening to your voicemails (from any device), the light will automatically turn off.
Program Speed Dial
To program speed dial:
- Hold down the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th vertical button on the right side of your phone
- Manually enter your contact’s name and phone number
- Your Polycom device will automatically assign a speed dial to your next available line
To set DND on your Polycom:
- Press More on your home screen (can’t be on active call)
- Select DND > ON
Your Polycom and all other connected devices will be put in DND mode. To switch back, follow these same steps and select DND Off.
If you're stepping away from your Polycom for the day, you can forward inbound calls to another number entirely. Here's how:
- Press More on your home screen (can't be on an active call)
- Select Forward
- Enter the phone number and press Save
Inbound calls to your Polycom device will now be forwarded to whatever number you entered in the steps above. To turn off call forwarding, select the Clear and Disable option.