- 28 Dec 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Use Your Polycom Phone
- Updated on 28 Dec 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Before diving into our user guide, make sure that you're using one of our compatible Polycom devices.
Place a call
With either your handset or headset, you can place a call by:
- Direct dial
- Scanning through Call History
Search and call a contact
To place a call by searching for a contact:
- Select Contacts
- If you are using a Poly UCS phone, select Directory > Corporate Directory
- Press Search
- Type in the contact’s name
- Press Search
- Scroll down to review all contacts with that name
- Select your contact and press Call
Dial an extension
Once your Admin has assigned extensions to your team members, dial the extension # directly into your Polycom device and press Call/Dial (or wait 3 seconds for automatic dialing).
Extension dialing is only available between team members in the same Company. If your Company has more than one Office, extensions will also work across multiple Offices.
Receive a call
You can receive a call by:
- Picking up your headset
- Pressing Answer
Depending on if you have a headset connected, pressing Answer will connect your call via speakerphone (headset) or through the handset.
Conference (add a caller)
To conference in another caller:
- Press More then Conference on your active call
- Dial-in your recipient's number
- First caller is placed on hold while we ring out to the additional caller
- Press Conference once additional caller answers to add them to your active call
Polycom offers three ways to transfer your calls between team members, or between your Executives and Assistants.
- Warm transfer: Allows you to introduce the caller to your recipient before handing off the call. Once your team member/Operator answers, you can finalize the transfer, send the caller to voicemail, or even hang up the call.
- Blind transfer: The person/department receiving the transferred call does not have any pretext and is going into the call blind.
- Transfer to voicemail
Check out our step by step guide here for more information on how to transfer calls in your Polycom device.
To do a warm transfer:
- Press Transfer on the active call screen
- Dial in your recipient's number
- Dialpad will automatically ring out to the recipient while putting your active call on hold
- Once your recipient answers, press Transfer
If your recipient doesn't want to take the call/is unavailable, press End Call, then press the active line button in the upper right corner to take back the call with the original caller.
To do a blind (direct) transfer:
- Press Blind on the active call screen
- Dial the recipient's number
- Press Dial to send your caller to your transferee
Guest login (hotdesking)
Guest login (also known as Hotdesking or Hoteling) gives employees access to desk phones on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Before following these steps, ensure your Dialpad Admin has enabled this on your Office's account.
To set up a guest login:
- Select More
- Select Login
- Enter your Dialpad number and your Voicemail & User PIN
Once your Polycom reboots, your contact information will be populated on the device.
When you need to log out of the device, select More, then Logout.
Switch to this device
To switch a call to your Polycom device, select Switch Call on the device. This will switch the active call to your desk phone from your mobile or desktop app.
To move the call back to the desktop, open your desktop app and click on your caller's name under Active Calls. On the screen that appears, click Switch Call to this Device.
To adjust how your outbound caller ID appears, navigate to Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Caller ID to select one of your available options.
Inbound Caller ID
Need help deciphering between personal calls and Department calls?
Adjust how your incoming caller ID displays on your device by navigating to Dialpad.com > Your Devices > Forwarding Number > Advanced Settings.
You can set preferences for incoming calls to your personal, Department/Main Line, and your Executive line.
Block your Caller ID
If you're looking for a little privacy, you can opt to block your caller ID by dialing *67 before entering your recipient's area code and number.
Check your voicemail
You can check your voicemail directly from your Polycom. Just press the Voicemail button dial on your phone and when prompted, enter your User & Voicemail PIN.
After you listen to your messages, you can chooose to Archive, Keep as New, or Play Again.
Only New Voicemails are available on your Polycom device. Any old or already listened-to voicemails will not be available on Polycom.
Message waiting indicator
With the Message Waiting Indicator (MWI), your Polycom will display a red light at the top when there are any unread voicemails.
The light will automatically turn off after listening to your voicemails (from any device).
Program speed dial
To program speed dial:
- Hold down the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, or 7th vertical button on the right side of your phone
- Manually enter your contact’s name and phone number
- Your Polycom device will automatically assign a speed dial to your next available line
To set DND on your Polycom:
- Press More on your home screen (can’t be on active call)
- Select DND > ON
- Your Polycom and all other connected devices will be put in DND mode. To switch back, follow these same steps and select DND Off.
If you're stepping away from your Polycom for the day, you can forward inbound calls to another number entirely through the Dialpad app: Manage Your Dialpad Devices.