- 22 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
- Updated on 22 Sep 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Dialpad chat offers so much more than just sending and receiving messages — with Dialpad messaging, you can favorite messages, forward conversations, pull up messages based on search terms, archive discussions, quickly share images or videos from one contact to the next, and more!
Let's take a closer look at all messaging options in Dialpad.
Forwarding a message to another Dialpad User couldn't be easier.
- Hover your mouse over the message you'd like to forward
- Select the Forward icon
- Enter a contact's name or entire email address
- Add a message to the recipient (optional)
- Select Forward Message
It will then appear as a forwarded message via email.
Favorite a message for easy referance. Favorited messages show up in the Starred section of your inbox.
To favorite a message:
- Hover over the desired message
- Select the Star icon
Now, if you navigate to Inbox and select Starred, you'll see the newly favorited messages.
Clicking on a favorited message opens the conversation thread.
Mark as unread
Mark a message as Unread to ensure you dedicate time to respond later on.
- From the conversation thread, hover over the desired message
- Select the More menu (the 3 vertical dots)
- Select Mark as Unread
Now, if you navigate to the New section of your Inbox, you'll see the message as new.
Select it, and Dialpad will take you to the message in the appropriate conversation thread.
To delete a message, navigate to the desired message.
- Select the Options icon (the 3 vertical dots)
- Select Delete
- Confirm the deletion
When you delete a message, it does not unsend it — your message will remain visible to others in the conversation.
Search message history
Search conversations and messages by keywords, saving you from having to endlessly looking for a specfic message.
- From the Dialpad app header, select Search
- Enter your keywords
- Select Messages after entering a search query.
- Choose a message, then the conversation thread will appear
Need to send messages to multiple people at once? Use our Group Message feature!
Learn all about group messages in this handy Help Center article.