There are two ways you can start a group message.
- New Message
- Individual Contact's profile
Depending on the type of numbers in your group message you are limited on the number of people you can add to your group.
If everyone in your group chat is a Dialpad user you'll be able to add up to 24 other people. If one member in your group is not a Dialpad user, you'll be able to add up to 9 other people.
- Click on New Message
- Start typing in your contact's names and/or numbers
- After each contact name and/or number, press enter to add another contact to your recipient list
- Once all contacts are added, click on New Message at the bottom of your screen to begin typing
Started a group chat with users from your company? You'll see the option to Add Members to the group sidebar.
Individual Contact's Profile
- Go into a contact's profile
- Click on the + icon
- Add a third participant
Once you choose the third person, you will be taken to the conversation view to start talking.
If you need to add more contacts, click on Add Members.
Need a little break? Any group that has more than 4 users within it (including yourself) will give users the option to remove themselves from the group — or you could opt to mute notifications in general.
View Contact's Profile
You will only see the option to view the profile of
- Team Members within your Company
- Personal contacts (i.e. G Suite or Office 365 contacts)
Why can't I add/remove this person from my group chat?
There are two scenarios where you would be limited to adding or removing users from a group chat:
- If you create a group chat with users from your company and then add a user outside of your organization. In those cases, you won't be able to edit the group members.
- If another group chat exists not including the person you want to add or remove, you won't be able to edit the group (since that would duplicate an already existing group).
Can I send a group message to a Shared Line (Main Line, Department, or Call Center)?
No, group chats can only be sent to/from your primary Dialpad number.