Contact Center Agents are front-line employees who interact with your customers through various communication channels like phone, email, or chat. Once you've created a Contact Center, its time to assign agents to it. Let's dive into the details.
Assign an Agent
To assign an Agent to your Contact Center, head to your Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Navigate to Contact Centers
- Choose the desired Contact Center
- Select Agents & Admins
- Type the name or email address of the agent in the search bar
- Hit Enter to confirm
To make an Agent a Contact Center Admin, select Options and choose Make Admin or Make Supervisor. You will see this user's role change in the list.
Select your routing type, such as skills-based routing, to then prioritize which Agents receive calls based on their rank and proficiency for a specific type of call.
Initially, this user will appear as an Agent, but you're able to make them an Admin or Supervisor using the same menu.
- Contact Center Supervisors have all the access as an Agent or Rep with the ability to utilize coaching metrics like Listen In, Barge In, and Take Over, as well as access the dashboard and set alerts
- Contact Center Admins can do everything that a Contact Center Supervisor can do, as well as edit the Contact Center's settings
Upgrading Users From Ai Voice to Ai Contact Center
When you add an Ai Voice user to a contact center, you’ll receive a prompt to upgrade the Ai Voice user to a Contact Center or Ai Sales license. You must upgrade in order to move the user to a contact center, which may require purchasing a new license.
This upgrade will occur instantly, so you don’t have to worry about downtime.
If you choose to upgrade to Ai Contact Center, you’ll have an option to let them keep their existing numbers or remove them. If you keep the existing number, you’ll be billed for an additional number on that user’s line.
Assign an Agent to Multiple Contact Centers
To assign an agent to multiple Contact Centers, head to your Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Navigate to Office Settings
- Select Users
- Select Options beside the desired User
- Select Groups
- Select Make Contact Center Agent
- Check the boxes beside the desired Contact Centers
- Select Close to save any changes
To remove an Agent from a Contact Center, follow steps 1-5 as noted above, and then uncheck the boxes beside any contact center's you want the agent removed from.
Ring Connected Devices
Agents should ensure calls ring connected devices.
To determine which devices will ring, head to Your Settings from Dialpad.com
- Navigate to Your Devices
- Check the 'Ring This Device' checkbox beside any device you want to ring
Calls are able to ring Dialpad on desktops, laptops, mobile devices, desk phones, room phones, and forwarding numbers.