Set a Voicemail Greeting
Your voicemail greeting can be set from the web portal, or from your Mobile/SIP app.
To hear your current recorded greeting, click the blue play button beside the greeting type found at Dialpad.com > Your Settings > Call Handling & Voicemail
Let's take a look at both methods below.
Set Voicemail Greeting from the Web Portal
To manage your voicemail from Dialpad.com, navigate to Your Settings.
- Navigate to Call Handling & Voicemail
- Select Record a Greeting to record directly from your device OR select Upload to choose an existing MP3 file
If you prefer to keep it simple, Dialpad also offers a default voicemail greeting. To use our greeting, simply keep the "Default Greeting", no changes required.
- If you're recording a custom voicemail greeting, it must be 45 seconds or shorter in length.
- You can always rename or delete a voicemail greeting after listening to it. If you're uploading an MP3 file, it cannot be any larger than 10MB in size.
Set Voicemail from Mobile or SIP Device
To manage your voicemail from your mobile or SIP device, call your direct Dialpad number and enter your user and voicemail PIN. You'll hear an IVR message prompting you to record a custom voicemail greeting.
Check Your Voicemail
From the Dialpad app, navigate to Inbox and select Voicemails.
Select the voicemail you'd like to listen to, and click the Play button (that's the) and Dialpad will play the audio. You'll also see the caller ID, the transcript, the length of the message, and the timestamp.
Open the drop-down menu alongside a voicemail, to find see options to mark as read, download, forward (as an email), flag, delete, report, star, share and delete the thread.
⚐ Using a forwarding number?
Check your voicemail by calling your direct Dialpad number, then entering your user and voicemail PIN. You'll only be able to listen to new voicemails when calling from a forwarding number, however.
Voicemail email notifications
Dialpad will share a pop-up notification in the app, but you can also opt-in to receive email notifications for new voicemails.
From Dialpad.com, navigate to Your Settings and scroll down to the Call Handling & Voicemail section.
Select "Receive Email Notifications for New Voicemails"
You'll now receive an email every time a new voicemail reaches your inbox.
|📬 We will not send a voicemail email notification if there is no audio data, or if the transcription consists of less than 6 characters.|
Still receiving notifications even though you've disabled them?
Department operators will still receive voicemail notification emails for their department, even if they have "Receive Email Notifications for New Voicemails" unchecked on their settings page. To change this, the operator will need to update the Department's notification settings.
Learn more about enabling/disabling notifications for departments here.
Forward a Voicemail
Need to share a voicemail with a colleague? We've got you covered.
- From within the Dialpad app, first, navigate to your Inbox
- Select the Voicemails tab
- Open the drop-down menu beside the voicemail, and select Forward
- Enter a contact's name or email address and click Forward Message
You can also attach a message to the voicemail before it's sent via email.
Life is busy and we know you are always on the go! Cloud backup is a piece of cake and can be set up from Dialpad.com.
- Navigate to Your Settings and scroll down to the Call Handling & Voicemail section.
- Click Show Advanced Options and select Cloud Backup.
- Select Save Voicemails to Google Drive
💡 Remember, in order to use this capability, you'll need to connect your Google Drive to the Dialpad app.
Open a conversation thread, then select the Google Drive icon and click Connect Google Drive.