Let's take a look at working as a Department Admin in Dialpad.
Working as a Department Admin
As a Department Admin, you can control the following for your Department(s):
- Adding/Removing Phone Numbers
- Adding/Removing Fax Numbers
- Assigning Operators & Phones
- Managing Call Handling
- Setting Business Hours
- Setting Hold Music
- Review Department(s) Analytics
- Access Call Recordings for that Department
- Access Call Transcripts for that Department
- Assign Users as Operators to make and receive calls in your Department
- Assign Operators Department Admin privileges
- Manage their Operator's DND state
To access your Department's inbox from the Dialpad app, navigate to Departments and select a Department.
Your Department Inbox displays:
- Hold Queue - Real-time view of callers waiting to connect to an agent
- Live Calls - View of live calls using Dialpad's Ai to demonstrate call sentiment and call purpose
- Operators - List of Operators within the Department, their status and time within the status
- New - Events that have not been read by any Department operators
- All - All contacts that have interacted with the Department
- Missed - Calls that were not picked up by any Department operators
- Messages - All messages for the Department
- Voicemails - Voicemails for the Department
- Recordings - Call recordings for Department calls
- Spam - Spam messages and calls
Monitor Operator Availability
Department Admins can monitor operator availability from the Department’s Operators tab view.
Here you will see a list of Operators, their availability status, and the duration of their availability status.
Sort your Operators by name, status, and more by selecting the arrow beside the ‘Sort By’ menu.
The default Operator sort order is ‘Operators on call’ and prioritizes Operators set to Available.
Change an Operator's DND Status
Department Admins and Office Admins can quickly set an Operator to DND from the Department's Operators view. Simply toggle the DND slider on or off and their availability will update instantly.
Change an Operator's DND Status for Select Departments
Department Admins and Office Admins can change an Operator's DND status for multiple Departments by clicking the arrow menu button beside the Operator’s name. Here, they can view the
Operator's DND settings for each Department and toggle DND on or off for the desired Department.
Learn more about managing a Department in this Help Center article.