- 30 Aug 2023
- 8 Minutes to read
- Updated on 30 Aug 2023
- 8 Minutes to read
Let's talk Quality Assurance (QA). Continual coaching and actively monitoring your team's performance leads to heightened customer service, enhanced client retention, and employee motivation.
Dialpad's QA Scorecards allow you to measure and improve the quality of your agent's calls with an objective grading tool. Scorecards can be used on previously recorded Contact Center calls and allow you to effectively run analytics on your teams, agents, and even scorecards.
The icing on the cake? You can do all of this within the same Dialpad app environment!
Let's dive into the details.
Create a QA Scorecard
QA scorecards allow Supervisors and Admins to grade a call and share it with the agent in real time, either via email or Dialbot alert.
Once shared, the agent will be able to see the details of the grade given, broken down by each question, on the call summary page.
To create a QA scorecard, navigate to Admin Settings in your Admin portal.
- Select QA Scorecard
- Select Create Scorecard
- Enter the name and description of your scorecard, and choose Create
- Add questions to the scorecard and select Save
- Once you've finished adding questions, select Publish
- When prompted, select Yes, publish now to complete the scorecard creation process
That's it! Your scorecard is now active and will appear in your scorecard inventory.
Every question must have the following components:
- Question Title: Question or statement to be considered when grading the call
- Response Type: Yes/No, Agreement (Likert), Frequency (Likert), Importance (Likert), Likelihood (Likert), or Quality (Likert)
- Responses: Responses are auto-filled to match the response type chosen but are customizable
- Points: Point value given for each response
Get granular by adding any of the following optional question features:
- Add a comment: Open the text box allowing graders to add comments
- The comment field can be marked as required or optional.
- A comment field can be added for each question — all grading comments appear on the detailed scorecard exports.
- Allow Question to Be Skipped: Marks the question as N/A without affecting the Agent's overall score
- Automatically Fail Entire Scorecard for Certain Responses: When selected, this feature automatically fails the entire scorecard, giving the agent a 0% grade
- A scorecard can have multiple questions marked to be automatically failed.
Once a scorecard has been created, it cannot be edited.
Archive a Scorecard
Workflows adapt, and your QA scorecard needs will change as your company grows. QA Scorecards can be archived, which maintains the card's analytics data.
To archive a scorecard, navigate to the QA Scorecard section in your Admin Portal and select the scorecard you would like to archive.
When prompted, select Yes, Archive to archive the scorecard, and remember this action is not reversible.
Archived scorecards can be reviewed at any time and are located within the QA Scorecard section in the Archived tab.
Duplicate a Scorecard
Need to create a copy of a scorecard? Not to worry, duplicating QA scorecards is a piece of cake.
To duplicate a QA Scorecard, head to your Admin portal:
- Navigate to QA Scorecards
- Select the scorecard you want to duplicate
- Select Duplicate
- Review the copy of the scorecard, then select Publish
- When prompted, select Yes, publish now
Grade an Interaction
Supervisors, Contact Center Admins, or Coaches can grade interactions of Agents or Trainees that they monitor.
Currently, only Contact Center and Coaching Team calls can be graded — you cannot grade Department or Mainline calls.
To grade a call:
- Navigate to Call History
- Choose the call you want to grade
- Select Grade Callfrom the Menu options
- This will open the call summary view
- Fill out the scorecard and select Submit grade
Once the grade has been submitted, the Supervisor can view the grade details in the Web Call History view.
Each scorecard has an Overall Searchable comment field, which also displays the detailed exports. Comments entered here are searchable in the Call History as well as in Analytics.
If a call has screen capture enabled, you can listen to the recording and view the screen capture within the call summary view.
Choose the screen you’d like to watch and press play (that’s the purple triangle), and you’ll be able to obtain the complete perspective of the call.
Searching for Graded Interactions
Supervisors can search for graded interactions based on Contact Centers or Agents.
To search graded calls:
- Navigate to Call History
- Select More Filters
- Select QA Scorecards
- Chose your desired filters, then select Apply
From the QA Scorecard search filter, you can search by the following criteria:
- Graded/Not Graded by (Anyone): Displays calls that have been graded by you or a fellow Supervisor, Admin, or Coach.
- Your ability to search for grades submitted by another User depends on your permissions.
- QA Scorecard: Displays calls graded by a specific scorecard.
- Grade Score: Displays calls graded with a specific score range.
- Search Overall Call Feedback: Displays calls based on the overall feedback noted. The search query must match the feedback entered when the grade was submitted.
- Date Graded: Displays calls graded within a certain date range.
- Grader: Displays calls graded by a specific grader.
Graders can view all of their grades scheduled to be sent by selecting View Schedule on any call they have graded.
A pop-up will appear, noting which graded scorecards will be sent out on what date.
Select the drop-down menu to change between all agents or specific agents.
Delete a Grade
Need to delete a grade? No problem! However, what you are able to delete depends on your permissions.
- Office Administrators can delete any grade in their office.
- Supervisors can only delete grades that they submitted.
To delete a grade:
- Navigate to Admin Settings in your Admin portal, and select Call History
- Select the grade to view the scorecard
- Choose the trash icon at the bottom of the scorecard
- Choose Confirm when prompted
Share Scores with Agents
Live feedback is crucial to prevent habit formation. Supervisors can grade a call and share the score with the agent in real time.
Scores can be shared with the agent via email or Dialbot alert.
To share a graded call:
- Select Submit & Share
- Select Share now at the top of the pop-up menu
- Select your sharing method - Dialbot or email
- Select Share now
Once shared, the Agent is notified of the grade, the grader, and the call.
From the Call Summary page, the Agent can view the details of the grade, broken down by question.
Schedule Sharing Scores With Agents
Time zone differences, annual leave, and unique review periods create scheduling constraints. Worry not, Supervisors can grade a call and schedule it to be shared with the Agent on a specific day.
Scores can be scheduled to be sent up to a month out and sent via a summary email or Dialbot alert.
- Navigate to Call History view
- Navigate to the call you want to grade
- Select Grade Call from the Menu options
- Fill out the scorecard, then select Submit and Share
- Select the date you want the agent to receive their grade
- Choose if you would like the agent to receive their grade via Dialbot or email
- Select Schedule
Who Can Do What
There are 4 different QA Scorecard permission levels:
- Coaches have the same QA Scorecard permissions as Supervisors.
- Contact Center Admin
- Office Admin
- QA Grader
Let's take a deeper look at User Permissions and who can grade which calls.
|Contact Center Supervisor||Contact Center Admin||Office Admin||QA Grader|
|Delete grade submitted by another supervisor||✅||✅|
|Delete grade submitted by another Contact Center Admin||✅||✅|
|View basic scorecard details for grades submitted by another Supervisor/Admin (overall score, who graded it, and when)||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|View basic scorecard details and per-question responses for grades submitted by another supervisor/admin||✅||✅|
|Create, duplicate, publish & archive Scorecards||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Export Scorecard Reports||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Grade Contact Center or Coach Team Call that the User is monitoring||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Grade Contact Center or Coaching Team Call the user is not monitoring||✅||✅|
|Edit grade of Self-Graded call||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Edit grade submitted by another Supervisor||*||*||*||*|
|Edit grade submitted by another CC Admin||*||*||*||*|
|Delete grade submitted by User (their own grade)||✅||✅||✅||✅|
You can only edit grades for calls that you have graded.
Users can always view the full grades and scorecard details for interactions that they have graded.
The QA Grader role contains three permission types:
- Scorecard Access: All Coaching Teams - Provides the grader access to all Coaching Team calls across the entire company
- Scorecard Access: Contact Centers (Office) - Provides the grader access to all Contact Centers calls within their office
- Scorecard Access: Contact Centers (Company) - Provides the grader access to all Contact Center calls across the whole company and can only be assigned by the Company (super) Admin
Dialpad provides Supervisors and Admins a clear overview of their team's and agent's performance with in-depth scorecard analytics.
Learn all about scorecard analytics in this handy Help Center article.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are scores calculated when a question is skipped?
When a Grader skips a question (if applicable), that response is excluded from the grade calculation.
For example, when John grades Mary’s call, he skipped 3 questions, totaling 30 points. The scorecard is worth 100 points and the agent received 60 points for the first 3 questions, 0/10 points on question 4, and then skipped questions 5 (5 pts), 6 (10 pts), 7 (5pts), and 8 (10 pts), totaling 30 points skipped. This results in a score of 60/70, which works out to 85.71 => 86%.
Is Screen Recording available while grading a call?
Not at this time.
Is QA Scorecards automatically included in my plan?
There is an additional monthly fee to use the QA scorecard feature.
Can I restrict visibility to my Scorecards (so only I can see them)?
Currently, there is no way to restrict visibility to QA scorecards. When you create a QA Scorecard, it will be visible to all other Supervisors, Contact Center Admins, Office Admins, and QA Graders.
How do I add QA Scorecards to my account?
There are 2 options to add QA Scorecards to your Dialpad account:
- Contact your Customer Support Manager
- Contact Customer Support
Can I use QA Scorecards on any call?
No. QA Scorecards can be used on Contact Center and Coaching Team calls only.