While your team members will always have the option to use their personal number as their caller ID, Admins can still access to certain caller ID features.
Let's take a closer look at how Admins can control these settings for the Main Line and user's direct lines.
Main Line Caller ID
Admins can enable or disable the ability for the team members to use the Main Line as an additional caller ID. Here's how:
- Navigate to Admin Settings > Office > Office Settings > Office-wide settings > Caller ID
- Check the option to enable or disable allowing team members to use the Main Line as their ID
When enabled, your team members will be able to select this option from their New Call From caller ID drop-down and their global ID settings.
Department or Call Center Caller ID
By default, each Department Operator or Call Center Agent will be able to place calls from your Department or Call Center using that ID.
However, Admins can select whether they want Operators or Agents from a Department or Call Center to use the originally assigned ID, the Main Line ID, or to simply block the ID entirely.
Depending on your selection, your Operators will see the ID reflected in their New Call From caller ID drop-down.
User Line Caller ID
While every user in Dialpad is able to use their personal, direct number as their caller ID, Admins can automatically give their team the option to block their caller IDs as well. Here's how:
- Navigate Admin Settings > Office > Office Settings > Office-wide settings > Caller ID
- Check the option to allow your team to hide their IDs (will appear as "unknown")
When enabled, team members will see this option in:
- The New Call From caller ID drop-down
- The Call drop-down within a conversation thread
- Their global ID settings