- 28 Jul 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Dialpad + Zoho CRM
- Updated on 28 Jul 2023
- 4 Minutes to read
Note: Access to the Zoho Accounts, Contacts, and Leads modules is mandatory for this integration.
API access is also mandatory, along with access to certain modules.
Enable Zoho — Company
First things first, Zoho must be enabled at the company level.
Head to your Company Settings
- Select My Company
- Select Integrations
- Beside Zoho, click Options
- Select Manage Settings
- Select Enablement
- Click Enable this feature
Next, its time to configure your Zoho preferences.
- Click Call Logging
- Choose your preferences
- Log calls as activities — creates a Zoho call activity for each call
- Post call recordings to Zoho — adds the Dialpad call recording into the Zoho activity
- Post Ai Transcript URL to Zoho — adds the Dialpad Ai transcript to the Zoho activity
- Click Settings
- Select the region where your Zoho account is created
- Choose if you want your agents to create leads or contacts
Don't forget to click Save to save your preferences!
Enable Zoho - User
Once Zoho has been enabled at the company level, it's time for agents to enable the integration.
Click on the name of a contact to open the right-hand sidebar
- Select Zoho
- Click Connect Zoho
- Sign in with your Zoho credentials
- Select Accept to allow Dialpad to communicate with Zoho
That's it! Now that Dialpad is connected to Zoho, you'll see matching records from Zoho CRM in Dialpad. Just look for the Zoho section in the right-hand sidebar of your Dialpad application.
Dialpad uses your Dialpad contact’s name, primary email, and primary phone number to search for matching contacts, leads, accounts, and vendors in Zoho CRM.
When matched, the Dialpad sidebar shows related information like open deals and open activities from Zoho CRM.
Click on Deals or Activities to open the details in Zoho CRM.
Multiple Contact Matches
When multiple matches are found in Zoho CRM, you see a link in the Zoho integration widget stating the number of available matches.
To match the correct record:
- Click on the blue link that states multiple matches are available
- Choose the correct match from the list
- Select Connect
You can unmatch a Zoho record from a Dialpad contact by clicking on Wrong Match?
Create new Zoho CRM record from Dialpad
New Zoho records can be created live during Dialpad calls.
- Click the caller's name to open the right-hand sidebar
- Select Zoho
- Select Create Contact
- Enter the record details
- Select Save
The option of creating a contact or lead and logging a call to that record is available only during an active call with that caller. This ensures that the call doesn’t remain unlogged in Zoho CRM.
Logging calls to Zoho CRM
After a Zoho CRM record has been matched to a Dialpad contact, calls to/from that contact will automatically be logged to the matched Zoho record.
After each call, agents can save the subject and call description in the call activity that gets created in Zoho.
How does Dialpad identify matching records from Zoho CRM?
Dialpad uses the name, primary email address, and primary phone number of the contact and matches it against Zoho records. Information is matched against the details stored in the Name, Email, Phone, and Mobile fields in Zoho CRM for all records. to identify the ones matching the Dialpad contact. If there are multiple matching records, you'll see them in the right-hand sidebar of the Dialpad app.
My Dialpad contact exists in Zoho CRM with the same phone number. Why is Dialpad not identifying it as a match?
Check to see if the phone number is entered in Zoho using the standard Phone and Mobile field. The Dialpad integration does not support phone numbers captured in Zoho custom fields.
I am based in Canada, but the integration doesn't allow me to select anything other than “United States” in the region settings. Can I use the integration?
Yes — Canada is a supported region. The “United States” option covers all regions in North America.
Are calls made from deskphones logged?
Yes. All calls made with Dialpad are logged.
What fields do I need to add?
While configuring the Zoho integration, ensure the following fields are accessible to Dialpad.
- CONTACTS (If the user has Vendor access): 'First_Name, Last_Name, Title, Vendor_Name.Vendor_Name, Phone, Mobile, Email',
- CONTACTS_WITHOUT_VENDOR: 'First_Name, Last_Name, Title, Phone, Mobile, Email',
- LEADS: 'First_Name, Last_Name, Designation, Company, Phone, Mobile, Email'
- ACCOUNTS: 'Account_Name, ParentAccount.Account_Name, Phone, Website'
- VENDORS: 'Vendor_Name, Phone, Email, Website'