Access the phone’s web interface
First, we need to access your desk phone's web interface.
- Connect the device to the network and wait for it to complete the boot process.
- Get the device’s LAN IP address:
- Navigate to Menu and select Status
- Select IPv4 Address.
- Note the IPv4 address for the next step.
- In Chrome’s location bar, enter the IPv4 address you recorded from the previous step.
- When the page loads, you will see either of two browser errors that you would typically call out to your IT team, but in this case, the phone is within your network and so the error is irrelevant. Choose the next step based on the error you receive.
- For NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID, click Advanced, then Proceed.
- For NET::ERR_CERT_INVALID, type thisisunsafe, then Proceed.
- Log in on the website with these default credentials:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- If you are unable to login, contact your IT admin or the Yealink Support team.
Now, we need to ensure that any previous configuration data has been removed and cannot interfere with your Dialpad service.
From the browser, which is showing the Yealink phone’s web interface:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select Upgrade.
- Select Reset to Factory.
Configuring for Dialpad
Next up, you will need to configure the deskphone for Dialpad. The factory reset logs you out, so please complete the steps from the first section (above) to return to the web administration page.
- Navigate to Settings > Auto Provision.
- In the Config URL field, type https://prov.dialpad.com
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click the "Auto Provision Now" button at the bottom of the page.
- Click Ok on the pop-up window
- Click Confirm.
- The deskphone’s status LED will blink red as the provisioning process begins. When it shows “Dialpad Activate,” continue to the next step.
- To complete activation, navigate to Dialpad Settings > Your Devices > Add
- Select Yealink phone
- Name the Device and click Next - you will then be provided a 4-digit Activation code
- Pick up the receiver and the phone will automatically dial out. When prompted to enter the activation code, enter the 4 digit code provided in the Dialpad portal.
- The phone will restart and register with Dialpad service
If you have any issues, please get the 12-character MAC address from the bottom of the phone and then contact support.