Dialpad's Ai technology uses artificial intelligence to help you drive sales, gain competitive insights, improve customer service, and get the most out of your daily meetings.
Its so much more than a handy transcription tool (though it does that too, and in real-time!) our Ai tracks keywords that come up in customer conversations, detects customer sentiment, records action items, and even automates post-call summaries.
Everything you need is displayed in a post-call summary pop-up that includes action items, moments, sentiment, and a transcript.
Let's take a deeper look at how Dialpad Meetings works with Dialpad Ai.
Enable Dialpad Ai for Team Members
To enable Ai for your team, go to your Dialpad Meetings settings by clicking the hamburger menu (that's the three horizontal lines).
- Click Team to access your team settings
- Select the 'Allow Dialpad Ai on meetings' toggle
Ai will now appear as a feature for users on your team, however, they'll need to activate it manually.
Enable Dialpad Ai for an Individual User
Users can control whether they would like to have Dialpad Ai automatically on or off for all their meetings from within their user settings.
From your Dialpad Meetings dashboard, navigate to Settings.
Scroll down to 'Turn on Ai during meetings?' and toggle the slider to the right to turn on Ai.
Dialpad Ai is now enabled and is ready to work!
Real-time transcriptions with Dialpad Ai
You don’t have to wait until after the call to get transcriptions. With real-time Ai, you can see the transcriptions as you speak.
Whenever you enable Dialpad Ai, real-time Ai will be activated by default. Because of this, there is no need to activate anything other than Ai. Admins and organizers can also disable Ai from Settings and the Organizer Controls during a call.
To see real-time Ai during a meeting, click on the Ai Meeting Notes button on the bottom bar (on the far right side).
This will open a side panel containing moments and transcripts. As the meeting progresses, participants will be able to see action items, interesting questions, and other such moments captured in real-time.
Joined that call late? Don't stress! With the real-time transcription, you can scroll up to fetch older transcripts to get the gist of the earlier conversation you missed.
During the call, you can use the Moments tab to see the Ai-detected action items on behalf of you. Additionally, you can also add your own Custom Action Items as well. Everything will be included in the email summary after the call.
How to start and stop Dialpad Ai
Dialpad Ai can be turned on and off during your meeting.
To start Ai on during your meeting, you have two different options:
- Click 'Start Transcript' on the bottom right of your toolbar
- Click 'Organizer Controls' and select 'Turn on Ai'
To stop Ai during your call, you also have two different options.
- Click 'Stop transcription' on the meeting's live transcription
- Click 'Organizer Controls' and select 'Turn off Ai'
Post-Call Summary with Dialpad Ai
Your post-call summary will appear after the organizer ends the conference.
Click 'View Summary' to access the post-call summary.
Once it’s finished loading, you'll be able to see details surrounding with Ai, which include action items, moments, sentiments shared, and a transcript.
In your Meeting History, you'll also be able to access any Ai transcripts for calls with Ai enabled.
Share Call Summary with Dialpad Ai
Need to share a call summary with team member who was out of the office? With just a couple of clicks, you can share the call summary with the transcript, moments, and action items with people within your organization, or send it to anyone with any email address.
- Click View call summary in the call history
- Click Share
- Select your privacy control (available publicly, or restricted company access)
- Click 'Copy Link'
Anyone with the link grants them access to the shared call summary. Depending on your selected privacy controls, the link may be shared publicly, or only within the company.
Call Summary Action Items
Action items are detected automatically by Ai during conferences and displayed in the call summary. No need to say “action item” or “next steps” for Ai to capture and display within your post-call summary view.
Sentiment tracking analyzes conversations for specific words to give a snapshot of how participants on a conference are feeling. They’ll automatically get picked up during your conversation and get placed in the call summary.
Search for Keywords
Within the post-call transcript, you can search for specific keywords, to get further insight into what was discussed during the conference.
The moment list has two parts: filters (top) and moment list (bottom).
When viewing the filter section, each of the moments that a call will be shown with the number of times that moment occurred. Clicking on a moment will filter the moment list below to show only that type of moment.
A moment is a unique and interesting part of a call - something that might help you understand a customer or coach an agent.
Clicking on a moment will:
- Scroll the transcript to the section where that moment was mentioned
- Highlight that moment in a color matching the moment color in the list
- The words that triggered the moment to be captured will be bolded for easy identification
Dialpad Meetings' Ai captures these moments:
- Action Item - a single clearly defined task to be completed after the call/meeting, usually assigned to an individual or small group; example: "I will send the information to you tomorrow"
- Address - when anyone mentions an address of a physical location or building
- Competitor - a caller mentions a competitor defined in your company dictionary
- Call Recording Notification - the agent notifies the customer that the call is being recorded
- Currency - the customer or agent mentions a dollar amount or an amount in another currency; example: “That costs $100”
- Date - the customer or agent mentions a specific date; example: “let’s meet December 10, 2020”
- Email Address - when anyone mentions an email address
- Interesting Question - any interesting question asked on a call; example: “Can we meet tomorrow at 4:00?”
- Negative Sentiment - the customer says something generally negative
- Positive Sentiment - the customer says something generally positive
- Swear Words - identified when anyone uses profanity; example: "that's bullshit"
- Time - the customer or agent mentions a specific time of day; example: “Let’s meet at 1:30 PM”
Dialpad Meetings' Ai does not capture these moments:
- Manager Attention
- Phone Number
- Purpose of Call
- Support Defective
- Support Issue Resolved