The network assessment test has two testing components: the Basic test and the Full Ports test.
Basic Test Overview
Test period: typically 15 minutes or less
This tool tests essential network behaviors and provides a report. It measures the effective bandwidth, latency, speed, routes between your device and the server, and jitter. It also runs a basic firewall check to verify that critical ports are available for communication between customer devices and Dialpad servers. The next section covers the Full Ports Test.
- TCP 80: HTTP for firmware downloads
- TCP/UDP 443: HTTPS for images, provisioning, push notifications, and registration of WebRTC endpoints
- UDP 8090
- UDP 10000: Obihai provisioning server access
- UDP 16000, 20000, 25000, 30000, 32000, and 35000: Spot-check of media ports.
- Navigate to http://nmt.ubervoip.net/myspeed/dialpadbot.html in a supported browser.
- The animation you see is for visual effect and does not mean the test is running.
- Click the Click to start test button once.
- Enter your e-mail address at the prompt for a Company or user name.
- If you have any issues getting started, reload the page and try again.
The test will begin immediately after entering your email address. You can watch the test do its work, or ignore it for a while and check back in about 15 minutes for the results.
Basic Test Results
The summary page shows a series of large filled circles with red, yellow, or green quality indicators, suggesting results that are fine (green), need more investigation (yellow), or show bad behaviors (red).
The results summary has multiple pages, which can be viewed by clicking the up and down arrows () below the column of dots. You can also see more detailed results by clicking on the tabs associated with each part of the test. All blue links reveal explanations of each test element and may contain additional useful details of the test results.
If you would like detailed information on the test results, open the Full Ports Test in another tab and skip to the Deep-Dive your Test Results section of this article while the other test runs in the background.
Full Ports Test Overview
Test period: About one hour.
This test performs a thorough analysis of the firewall to check that every port essential for high-quality encrypted VoIP and video conferencing connections is available. See our Network Recommendations article for the full range of ports needed when using Dialpad.
- UDP 43
- UDP 53
- TCP/UDP 80
- TCP/UDP 5060-5061: Call signaling
- TCP 6800
- TCP/UDP 7060-7061: Call signaling
- UDP 10000-12000
- TCP 20000-20001: Media ports
- UDP 16000-32000: Media ports
As discussed in Before You Begin, please complete the test using the connection type that you use most of the time. If you usually use WiFi, then complete the tests on WiFi the first time you run the test. If you’re a mobile user, please connect a computer to the network using a WiFi connection and run the test in your primary working location to get a reasonable proxy for the mobile connectivity.
Full Ports Test Results
This test checks the network firewall to ensure that the ports used for high-quality encrypted media are available for use by Dialpad.
- Navigate to http://nmt.ubervoip.net/myspeed/dialpadportscan.html in a supported browser.
- Click once on Click to start test.
Because your email address was already requested in Test 1, you won’t enter it again for this test.
Our References and Additional Resources page links to sites where additional details can be found for helping learn about these results and improve network performance.
Deep-Dive Your Test Results
If you've completed both tests and reviewed the summaries on the page, you may find you want more details about what the numbers represent and how to resolve any issues that came up.
Proceed to for a walkthrough of key indicators of good performance and a review of potential warning signs in the test results.