The Dialpad Microsoft Teams offers users the capability of making and receiving calls via the MS Teams interface through the Dialpad infrastructure and using their Dialpad numbers. This integration brings high quality, reliable voice to the MS Teams communications suite.
There are no changes to the user flows and calling behaviors in MS Teams, inbound and outbound calls are simply handled by the Dialpad system. In addition, every feature available in Dialpad will still be available for the user through the Dialpad applications.
This guide offers recommendations to resolve some of the common issues that can be encountered during the setup of the Dialpad MS Teams Integration.
- User does not have an email set in Dialpad.
- We use the user email as the identifier to sync with your Microsoft Teams. If the user does not have any associated email, please add one for them first in Dialpad.
- User does not have a number set in Dialpad.
- Please assign a number for the user first in Dialpad before we can sync it to your Microsoft Teams.
- User does not exist in Microsoft Teams.
- We tried to sync the user (with the user email as the identifier) to your Microsoft Teams, but that user email doesn’t exist in your Microsoft Teams.
- User is missing a required Microsoft license or assigned the wrong Microsoft license.
- The phone number field of the user is restricted from editing due to either missing licenses (e.g. Phone System) or wrong licenses assigned (e.g. any Calling Plan). Please refer to the license requirements section for details.
- We cannot connect to your Microsoft Teams because the Admin account does not exist.
- We rely on the admin account (i.e. dialpad-msteams-admin@<your_company_domain>) you shared with us to connect to your Microsoft Teams account. If you have already provided it to us, the error may be due to incomplete setup of the account on the Dialpad side. Please reach out to support for further help.
- The Admin account does not have the "Skype for Business Administrator" and "Teams Administrator" roles which are required to perform user sync.
- Please add the above mentioned roles to the admin account so that it has the right permissions to update users in your Microsoft Teams.
- User sync failed due to a temporary connection issue.
- There could be many technical reasons that our server cannot connect to your Microsoft Teams account. Most of the temporary connection issues will go away in a retry unless the servers on Microsoft Teams are completely down.
- User sync failed due to unknown reasons.
- This indicates some new type of errors or internal errors. If another retry doesn’t not work, please reach out to support for further help.
This integration requires Microsoft Teams Licenses with Phone System add-on to Microsoft 365 Enterprise Licenses such as E1 or E3, or Microsoft 365 Business Plan with Business Voice, or Microsoft/365 Licenses that already include business voice features such as E5. Whatever license you choose, please make sure that it includes Phone System capabilities.
In addition, the users must not have a Calling Plan.
Please refer to Microsoft’s website for more information about Phone System and plans:
Requirements for the Dialpad admin account
- This account needs to be in the format of dialpad-msteams-admin@<customer_domain_in_dialpad> (For example, if your domain is flightdevices.co, this account needs to be firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This account needs to have these two roles: Skype for Business Administrator, and Teams Administrator
- Please don’t impose login restrictions such as geolocation (or at least should allow access from North America) and multi-factor authentication because this account is used in automation and no user interaction could be involved.