Combine your productivity tools and get work done—with Dialpad + Zoom you can start Zoom meetings with the click of a button from right within Dialpad. With easy access to join, you can seamlessly switch from Dialpad to Zoom to hold your meeting.
Enable the Integration
To enable you need to have Company (to enable for your entire company) or Office (to enable for your office) admin access. You also need to have admin or owner access on Zoom. Note that individual users do not need administrative access to start meetings.
- Navigate to Admin Settings > My Company > Integrations. Alternatively, to enable just for your office, navigate to Admin Settings > My Office > Integrations
- Next to Zoom select Connect from the drop-down menu.
- Authenticate the connection between Zoom and Dialpad
- After successfully authenticating the integration, you will be redirected back to the Integration settings page.
Now that you've enabled the integration for your Office, the integration is ready to be used.
Disable the Integration
To disable the integration for all users, simply go to Admin Settings > Office > Integrations and click on Disable from the drop-down menu next to Zoom.
To completely remove and deauthorize the integration, follow the below steps:
- Login to your Zoom account and navigate to the Zoom App Marketplace
- Click Manage>Installed apps or search for the Dialpad app
- Click the Dialpad app
- Click Uninstall
Starting Zoom Meetings
Zoom meetings can be started by users in multiple ways.
- From the ‘Make a Call’ button
- From the Contact view
Below, we will explore both of these methods:
Using Make a Call
- Using the Dialpad desktop app or Webapp, click on the dropdown next to Make a Call
- Click on Send Zoom Invite
- Type in the phone number or search for the contact you want to send the invite to and press Send
Using the Contact View
- Click on any contact in Dialpad
- Click the dropdown on the video icon and choose ‘Start a Zoom call’.
- Alternatively, you can also type /zoom in the chat window to generate a zoom invite card.
Joining Zoom Meetings
There are two ways in which we send out meeting invites.
For invite recipient(s) on Dialpad, an invite card would be sent. The host and the recipient(s) have to click on Join Call to join the meeting. Note that we require the Zoom client to be installed on the desktop in order to launch the call.
After the call ends, the card would automatically update to show that the call has ended.
For PSTN invite recipient(s), a Zoom meeting URL would be sent over text message (US/CA only).
Do I have to be the Zoom admin to enable the integration?
Yes. You’ll need to be a Zoom and Dialpad admin to enable the integration. Individual users do not have to be admins.
My user is unable to send out invites. What could be wrong?
We check for a user's account based on email. Please confirm that their email address in Dialpad matches the one they have in Zoom.
Do Zoom meetings appear in Dialpad Analytics?
Not at the moment though we do have plans to make it available.
I’m not based in the US/Canada. Why can’t I send an invite to a PSTN number?
Dialpad currently supports texting within the US/CA only
Can I start Zoom meetings using my Dialpad mobile app?
Yes! While we don’t have a quick start button, conference invites can be sent out by sending a /zoom message on mobile.