Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your apps. With Zapier, you can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks or to automate workflows.
With the Zapier integration, Admins can:
- Choose which call states to trigger the Zap on
- Select the scope (company, call center, department) to get events for
- Set up one or more actions to be taken based on the triggers provided by Dialpad
Let's take a look at this integration between Zapier and Dialpad.
Create and Access an API Key
- From Dialpad.com, navigate to Admin Settings > My Company > Authentication > API Keys
- Select Add a key, then enter the API key's name and expiration term
- Save your API key and it will appear in the list; select Click to show value to reveal the API key
You'll use this API key later on to authenticate the Zapier integration.
Creating a Zap
From Zapier, select Make a Zap.
Search for Dialpad and choose it as your Trigger App, then select Call State Changed > Save + Continue.
Select Connect an Account to connect to your Dialpad account. You'll then see a window asking for the API key that you generated. Enter the API key and select Yes, Continue.
Once you've successfully connected your Dialpad account, select the Call States and the Scope, then choose a specific Department/Mainline/Call Center for events and then select Continue.
Once the triggers are tested, follow the steps to apply filters and to assign actions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I need to have a paid Zapier account to use this integration?
No, this integration is available for all Zapier account types.
Is ‘Call State Changed’ the only trigger currently available?
Yes, for the initial launch we would have only one trigger. As we receive feedback and requests, we will add more triggers.
Can we set up triggers for individual lines?
Yes, though the only way to do this is by subscribing for all calls in a company.
Can I set up multiple trigger applications for a Zap?
No - Zapier allows only one trigger application for a Zap. However, you can set up your Zap to have multiple call actions as the trigger.
Can I apply filters to triggers?
Absolutely! You can select ‘Filters’ on the triggers that you create to look for specific triggers.
Where can I get my recording events in Zapier?
Users can get recording events by using 'Customize Call Event' and typing in 'recording' or 'transcription'.
Which call state change triggers does Dialpad support?
- Inbound Call
- Outbound Call
- Missed Call (Users will need to use the "call_ended" call state and filter where "date_connected" is null.)
- Voicemail Received
- Voicemail Transcription
- Call Screening
- Call Connected
- Call on Hold
- Call Queued
- Call Merged
- Call Parked
- Call Barged In
- Call Ended