Call Centers give teams more flexibility and many advanced features than Departments. Call Center features include:
- Flexible routing options
- Real-time dashboard and service alerts
- Real-time coaching via listen-in, barge, and take over
- Customizable Hold Queue rules & limits
Create a Call Center
To get started, navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Call Centers > Add a Call Center.
Purchase Call Center Licenses
Before you can assign users as Agents or Reps to a Call Center, you'll need to purchase either Dialpad Contact Center or Dialpad Sell licenses for all users.
You'll see the option to purchase licenses under Billing as well as under Admin Settings > Office > Licenses > Buy Licenses.
Just purchase the number of licenses you'll need for each active agent that you plan on adding to a Call Center.
Add Direct Number for Contact Center Users
If you'd like to add direct numbers to Contact Center users, as an Admin navigate to Admin Settings > Office > Licenses > Buy Add-Ons.
From there, navigate to Users > Options > Calling > Manage Numbers > Add a Number and assign the number to a user.
Add Agents and Admins
Next, you'll need to assign team members as Agents to make and receive calls on your Call Center. Here's how:
- First, you want to make sure you've added Team Members to your Dialpad Account
- Once the team members have been added to your account, navigate to your Call Center > Agents & Admins > Add people from your Team
- If desired, select either Make Supervisor or Make Admin from the drop-down
Call Center Admins have all of the above-mentioned access in addition to being able to edit Call Center settings.
Set Business Hours & Call Handling
Normal Business Hours
This section includes areas to:
- Set business hours for your Call Center
- Set call routing rules for your Open and Closed Hours
- Upload or record your Welcome Greeting
- Select the language of the IVR menu language that callers will hear
- Set Your Ring Duration
- Set your Hold Queue rules and limits
- Set up your Fallback Options
- Upload or record your Call Center voicemail greeting
Open different hours during the holidays or company events? No problem! You will also have the option to set up Holiday hours for how calls are handled on those specific days during the year your business hours change for holidays or company events.
If not already configured at the Company or Office levels, Admins can enable and configure any Integrations available for your Call Center.
If your Company or Office Admin has created a Customer Satisfaction Survey in the Office Settings, you can apply the survey to your call center here.
Dashboard and Alerts
Keep tabs on the health of your call center with managed alerts. Visible from the dashboard, alerts can also be sent via Dialpad message or email to the Call Center Admin as well as a custom list of fellow team members.
Admins can set alerts for activities like:
Your advanced settings give you more control over your Call Center. Scroll through this section to:
- Set the Call Center Caller ID
- Call Center Failover Number
- Add a post-wrap-up time for Agents
- Let Agents know Supervisor is listening in
- Call waiting for agents (only applies if an agent is on an outbound call)
- Send email notifications for voicemails and faxes to additional email addresses
- Allow agents to view Call Center Dashboard
- Allow agents to access call recordings for your call center via the calls list
- Automatically record inbound calls, outbound calls or both
- Customize your call recording
- Allow agents to stop/restart recording during a call
Have more questions about Call Centers? Check out this Help Center article.