Connect Salesforce to Dialpad
- You must have either Enterprise or Unlimited editions of Salesforce
- You must enable API access
- Your Salesforce Admin must enable the Dialpad for Salesforce integration
To connect Salesforce:
- Scroll to the bottom of your contact’s profile
- Click Connect to Salesforce
- Enter your credentials to authenticate the connection
Just like our LinkedIn integration, once you’ve authenticated this connection you should see a Salesforce match populate on your contact’s sidebar whenever you have a match.
In the case where multiple matches appear:
- Click on the # of matches
- Select the right contact from the populated list
- This contact will now sync with your contact in Dialpad
Once you connect, your Salesforce panel will display the following:
- Salesforce Record Info
- View Contact (in Salesforce)
- Log Activity
- Open Activities
- Activity History
This section displays:
- Title & Company associated with the Record
- Record Owner
- Opportunity Stage (if applicable)
Log an Activity
No need to toggle between Dialpad and Salesforce. Click on Log Activity to enter a subject line and any notes. Let’s take a closer look at logging an open activity vs logging a completed activity.
- Desktop App
Log an Open Activity
You can log an open activity by following the steps below:
- Navigate to your contact
- Click Create Task before you place a call
- Save Activity before you place a call
- The open activity will then show up under Open Activities
Log a Completed Activity
To log a completed activity:
- Navigate to your contact
- Place a call to your contact
- On your active call, start typing in your notes
- After you’re done, click Save
Just like your desktop app, you can view Salesforce activity for your contacts including an option to log activity and to select the right match when multiple appear. Just tap on the Info icon to display your Salesforce sidebar.
And if you enter notes during a call (or long-press on a past call), we'll automatically log them as closed activities.
Just like your desktop app, you can view Salesforce activity for your contacts including an option to log activity and select the right match when multiple appear. Just "Tap to View Profile" and scroll to the Salesforce section.
Log a Call
As long as you’ve matched the right contact in Dialpad to Salesforce, all active inbound and outbound calls will automatically log in Salesforce as completed activities.
The activity will be listed with the default title Dialpad Call and basic call info (call duration, call type).
Record a call or leave a voicemail in Dialpad and we'll automatically log it back to the associated record in Salesforce.
Will my calls still automatically log if I use my desk phone?
Calls placed via a desk phone will still automatically log as long as there is a contact match. If multiple contacts are found, you will need to select the contact to log against in the desktop app in order for the call to be logged.
Under Activity History, completed tasks will include:
- Assigned To: Dialpad user who received/placed the call
- Subject: Dialpad Call, inbound/outbound, and call duration
- Call Type: Records call direction
- Call Duration: Records call duration (in seconds)
- Start Date/Due Date: Date the call was received/made
We do not currently log against Type.
Have more questions about Salesforce for Dialpad? Check out our FAQ.