The Dialpad for Salesforce integration brings smarter workflows, increased call efficiency, and better customer interactions to Salesforce—so your teams can focus on driving more sales and closing deals faster.
Let's dive into the details of this integration.
In order to successfully integrate Salesforce within Dialpad, you must:
- Have either Enterprise or Unlimited editions of Salesforce
- Be using the lastest Salesforce package — we're currently on 1.70 1.708.0
- Enable API access
Dialpad for Salesforce offers two permission options.
Be sure to review the below details to ensure that you're using the correct permission set.
1. Dialpad For Salesforce - Administrator
This permission set is meant for Admins who need access to the 'Dialpad_Lightning' Tab.
With this permission set, Admins can manage the following features:
Powerdialer list management
Call center prioritization
2. Dialpad For Salesforce - StandardUser
This permission set is intended for Agents or non-admin users.
With this permission set, agents can access the 'My Dialpad' Tab, where they can see their assigned lists and upcoming records from the Powerdialer.
If your organization does not use Powerdialer, this permission set is required to ensure proper access to call logging objects and field
To enable and connect Salesforce for Dialpad, your Admin will need to:
- Scroll to the bottom of your contact’s profile
- Click Connect to Salesforce
- Enter your credentials to authenticate the connection
Salesforce Contact Matching
Once you’ve authenticated this connection you'll see a Salesforce match populate on your Contact’s sidebar whenever you have a match.
- From the conversation, click the contact's name to open the right-hand sidebar
- Select Salesforce from the list of widgets to view the contact's Salesforce data
The Salesforce panel displays:
- Salesforce Record Info
- Title and Company associated with the Record
- Record Owner
- Opportunity Stage (if applicable)
- View Contact (in Salesforce)
- Log Activity
- Open Activities
- Activity History
Salesforce Record Creation
Use the Dialpad App to easily create new Salesforce records during or after a call.
Agents and Admins can:
Create an Account
Create a Contact
Create a Lead
Connect to existing Records
To create a Salesforce record from the Dialpad app:
- Click the contact's name to open the right-hand sidebar
- Select the Saleseforce widget
- Select Create/connect to record
- Select the desired record type
- Enter the required information
- Select ‘Save’
You can also create new Salesforce leads for missed calls, but first, you’ll need to enable the permission from your Salesforce integration settings.
- Navigate to your Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Select Integrations
- Select Options beside Salesforce
- Select Manage Settings
- Check the box beside Missed Call Lead Creation
When there is a missed call from an unknown number, a Salesforce Lead will automatically be created with the following parameters:
- Last Name: Phone Number
- Company: Unanswered
Log an Activity
No need to toggle between Dialpad and Salesforce. Click on Log Activity to enter a subject line and any notes.
You can log open activities as well as closed activities. Let's take a look at each option.
Log an Open Activity
You can log an open activity at any time.
- Navigate to the contact
- Click their name to open the right-hand sidebar
- Select the Salesforce widget
- Click Create Task before you place a call
- Enter the Name and Activity details
- Save Activity
The open activity will then show up under Open Activities
Log a Completed Activity
To log a completed activity during an active call:
- Click the contact's name during a call
- Select the Salesforce widget on the sidebar
- Enter your notes
- Select Save
Logged Calls in Salesforce
As long as you’ve matched the right contact in Dialpad to Salesforce, all active inbound and outbound calls will automatically log in Salesforce as completed activities.
The activity will be listed with the default title Dialpad Call and basic call info (call duration, call type).
Record a call or leave a voicemail in Dialpad and we'll automatically log it back to the associated record in Salesforce.
Under Activity History, completed tasks will include:
- Assigned To: Dialpad user who received/placed the call
- Subject: Dialpad Call, inbound/outbound, and call duration
- Call Type: Records call direction
- Call Duration: Records call duration (in seconds)
- Start Date/Due Date: Date the call was received/made
We do not currently log against Type.
To view all activities in Salesforce, use the View All hyperlink beside the 'Activity History' section. Make sure you have the latest version of our package installed in your Salesforce instance before you click on the hyperlink. You may use the following links to install it right away:
Visit this Help Center article to find answers for frequently asked questions regarding Salesforce for Dialpad.