Forgot your Admin password? We've all been there.
Easily reset your Admin password to 456 on Polycom UCS VVX phones by following the steps in this short guide.
Reset Poly Admin Password
Resetting your Polycom UCS VVX phone Admin password to 456 is a simple 4 step process.
- Locate the MAC address (serial number) of the phone you want to reset and write it down.
- The MAC address is located on the rear/bottom of the phone, or you can view it by pressing 'Menu' > 'Status' > 'Platform' > 'Phone'
- Example MAC address: 64167fxxxxxx
- Restart the phone by powering it down (unplug it, count to 10 and then plug it back in)
- While phone is powering back up (you have about 5-10 seconds to complete this step) press and hold the 1, 3, 5 keys simultaneously during the Updater/BootROM countdown process
- If you see 'loading application' and no countdown on your screen, select 'cancel' to see the countdown
- Enter the MAC address of the phone (not case sensitive). Before this step, write down the MAC address for quick access. To switch between alpha and numeric depress 'mode'
Your new Admin password is now 456.
Will this work on all Polycom phones?
No. These steps will not work on Poly VVX 250, 350, or 450 Obi Edition phones.
Can I choose a different password?
No. When you are resetting your password, it automatically configures as 456.