Agents assigned as a Digital Engagement Agent are able to interact with customers in real-time, answering questions and offering assistance efficiently.
Let's take a look at working as a Digital Engagement Agent in Dialpad.
The first thing you'll want to do as an agent is to make sure that you're logged in on Dialpad. You can do so by:
- Visit dialpad.com/login
- Select either the "Login with Google" or "Login with Microsoft" options if your login uses either of those providers. Otherwise, enter in your work email and password to get going.
- From there, you should be logged in on Dialpad and taken to your Dialpad profile page. That's it! You're all logged in.
Becoming Available to Take a Chat
Now that you're logged in, you'll likely want to make yourself available so that you can begin taking chats. To do so:
- Launch the Dialpad app by visiting dialpad.com/app.
- This will open the Agent view (shown above).
- Click on the name of the contact center (marked by a conversation textbox) along the left hand side under the "call centers" header.
- To the right of the "call center" click the bell icon to set yourself as Available if you'd like to be ready to receive digital interactions.
Taking Chats & Switching Between Channels
When using Digital Experience, the customer will be given a series of prompts to get them the answer to their question as quickly as possible. If the automated workflow determines that an agent is required, the customer will be transferred into the agent queue. From there, the customer session will be transferred to an available agent. If more than one agent is available, the system will determine which available agent will get the conversation.
An agent set to available will be able to receive contacts from all contact centers they are listed as a part of (this includes voice and digital). However, once an agent who is set as Available receives a chat, they'll be changed from Available > Digital, to indicate they are taking care of a Digital Interaction. Agents will remain in this Digital state until all digital interactions are complete.