Agents assigned as a Digital Engagement Agent are able to interact with customers in real-time, answering questions and offering assistance efficiently.
Let's take a look at working as a Digital Engagement Agent in Dialpad.
First things first, you'll need to login to Dialpad.
- Visit dialpad.com/login
- Select "Login with Google" or "Login with Microsoft" if you're using a productivity suite
- Enter your work email and password if you are not using G-Suite or O365
- That's it! You're logged in
Become Available to Take a Chat
You'll need to set yourself as available to accept a digital engagement conversation.
- Launch the Dialpad app from dialpad.com/app
- Select the Contact Center from the sidebar menu
- Select the bell icon to access the availability options
- Select 'Available' and you'll see your status update to 'Digital'
Taking Chats & Switching Between Channels
Customers are provided a series of prompts and answers, but if the automated workflow determines that an agent is required, then they are sent to the agent queue and transferred to an available agent.
An agent set to Available will be able to receive contacts from all Contact Centers they are a part of ( voice and digital).
Once an Available agent receives a chat, they'll be changed from Available to Digital, indicating they are engaged in a Digital conversation. Agents will remain in the Digital state until all digital interactions are complete.