Some things are just easier than others, and Office 365 does sometimes give our Users login issues.
Let's go over some common errors and how to fix them.
Why am I seeing an error when I try to login with my Office 365 account?
If you receive an error when trying to log into Dialpad with your Office 365 account, your Office 365 Admin may not have user consent for applications enabled.
In order to sign into Dialpad, your Admin will need to grant end-users this ability, which allows them to install applications and grant access to their user resources (such as calendars, contacts, etc.).
If you receive the error message below (or similar), your Admin may need to change this setting. Once this is done, you should no longer receive the error when trying to sign in.
How do I turn on User Consent?
To turn on or adjust your user content, follow these steps:
- Get the Windows Azure AD Powershell Module. Available on TechNet.
- Connect to your Office 365 Tenant
$msolcred = get-credential
connect-msolservice -credential $msolcred
- Check the current settings for allowing user consent
Get-MsolCompanyInformation | fl DisplayName,UsersPermissionToUserConsentToAppEnabled
DisplayName : Contoso
UsersPermissionToUserConsentToAppEnabled : False
Note: A value of "False" indicates that users cannot consent to applications.
- Turn on user consent to applications
- Verify that user consent to applications is turned on
Get-MsolCompanyInformation | fl DisplayName,UserPermissionToUserConsentToAppEnabled
Display Name : Contoso
UsersPermissionToUserConsentToAppEnabled : True
Note: A value of "True" indicates that users can consent to applications.
Turning on user content impacts users in the following way:
- End users can consent to applications and allow access to their user resources such as calendar, contacts, etc.
Why can't I log into the iOS app?
You may be running into a device permissions issue. If your company is using Microsoft InTune to manage your device, be sure to tap "Yes" after tapping Login with Microsoft. If your company is not using Intune, tap "No".
If you're still unable to log into the mobile app using your O365 or Google Workspace credentials, you can also try the following steps:
1. Close the app on your iPhone. (Here's how to close an app on your iPhone.)
2. Open your default browser on your mobile device then type in dialpad.com/logout.
3. Once done, open another browser tab and type in dialpad.com/login.
4. After you login, open the mobile app and sign in again.
Why can't I authenticate Dialpad through Office 365?
Make sure that you've been granted global admin permissions in AAD. You can check on whether or not you have these permissions (and configure them if not) in your Office 365 Admin portal or in the Azure portal.
Dialpad uses the "Read and Write Directory Data" for admin permissions (Directory.ReadWrite).