Before you initiate a port request, make sure you have the following information:
- The account owner's name
- The associated service address
- The list of the numbers you want to port
- The associated account number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
- The associated PIN number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
- Navigate to your Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Under the Office section, click Number Porting
- Select New Port Request
- Enter the phone number you would like ported in, and click Create request
Need to port in multiple numbers? Administrators can batch up to 5000 local numbers, separated by commas.
Ex:1 (555) 555-9876,1 (555)-1234,15555677
Account Info and Number Assignment
Each local number will have a drop-down menu for you to enter your account information.
From here, you'll also be able to assign the number to a team member, Department, room phone, etc. Just select Assign Number to pull up the search field where you can search for who you'd like to assign the number to. You will also have the option to keep the existing numbers already assigned.
Select Day and Time
Before submitting your port, Admins can select the specific day and time they'd like to have their ports completed.
Porting does take time, but rest assured we will inform you once the port has been completed. Additionally, after successfully submitting your port, Administrators will see a green success bar under Completed Ports.
If there's a hiccup in the request, we'll alert the Administrator via email and with a red banner within your Porting screen that lists the steps to correct the issue.
Have more questions about porting? Check out our porting FAQs.
Don't forget, number porting is not available for Dialpad Meetings.
You can also contact our Porting Team at firstname.lastname@example.org