Have contacts you'd like to share across your Company? Just provide us with a CSV file of your existing contacts and our support team will upload them to Dialpad.
Please note, once they have been uploaded to your account, these contacts will not show up in your Directory contacts, you will have to search for them.
Formatting your CSV
You must include one or both of the following required fields:
If you have additional information you would like included with your contacts, you can also include the following, optional fields:
- country** (Do not add a country abbreviation if it is a US number. The country field is only required for numbers outside the US)
*If you're adding more than 1 phone #, just separate them with a |. Ex: 7777777777|5555555555.
We won't be able to accept #s formatted with periods ex: 777.777.7777. Unformatted numbers (4152222222) work the best.
**International numbers require the country code and abbreviation.
Interacting with Shared Contacts
Once the upload is complete, your shared contacts will be searchable by every user within your Company. A few things to keep in mind:
- Shared contacts that interact with Depts will display a colored tag and will create a Dept contact
- Communication history (calls & messages) with shared contacts that interact with a Dept will be searchable/viewable by Operators
- Updates to shared contacts affect every instance of the shared contact in Dialpad (including their listings in your Dept)
- Shared contacts are editable by every user in your Company
Updating Contact Info
Edit any of the following fields and Dialpad will update the contact's profile wherever it appears:
- Company Role
Shared contacts can be deleted, however, it will only delete the user’s specific communication history, text content, etc. The shared contact will still be searchable after deletion.
Lastly, shared contacts don't sync back to G Suite or Office 365.
Searching Shared Contacts
Currently shared contacts can only be searched by the following:
- Phone Number