When you first create your Dialpad account, you’ll be asked to confirm your E911 address. This ensures emergency response teams can locate you in case you call for urgent assistance.
The account Admin will be asked to enter an E911 address at signup. When adding teammates, upon creating their account they will be asked to verify their E911 address as well.
You can edit your E911 address under Office>Office Settings>Registered Location for 911 Calls.
When making a 911 call, immediately tell the emergency operator the location of the emergency and a call back number in case your call gets disconnected.
E911 service is required by the federal government, so your monthly invoice will include this charge (see Taxes and Fees).
Admins will receive email notifications when their Offices change their E911 location. The default settings are:
- Company Admins: Notified for every office
- Regional Admins: Notified for their regional office(s)
- Office Admins: Notified for their specific office
Want to make a change to who's notified? Reach out to our support team.
Room Phone Settings
Need to adjust your E911 location on your room phone? Office Admins can make this adjustment by following these steps:
- Navigate Dialpad.com>Office>Desk Phones>Room Phones
- Identify the phone you need to adjust and click Edit
- Under Registered E911 Location click Edit to change the address
- Click Verify Changes to finalize