- 29 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
Troubleshoot Screen Sharing Issues
- Updated on 29 May 2023
- 1 Minute to read
If you're having trouble sharing your screen during a Dialpad Meeting, there are a few helpful tips and steps to follow to remedy the most common issues.
Let's go over our recommended solutions.
Connect to a Call Using Your Computer
This will check off a few potential firewall issues. If connecting through your computer doesn't work, you might need to talk to your internet provider or company about enabling Dialpad Meetings or WebRTC connections on your network.
WebRTC is the technology that allows you to connect through your browser and computer.
Clear Your Browser Cache
Screen sharing is a graphics-intensive process, older processors may need to clear memory to make room.
In Google Chrome, go to Settings > History > Clear Browsing Data > Check Cached images and files and Cookies and other site plug-in data.
Close/Quit Browser & Terminate Browser Processes
Closing the browser is not enough — the browser might still be running in the background. You'll need to terminate the process by pressing CTL + ALT + DEL on a PC or Quit + Function on a Mac.
....But my Screen Share Only Breaks on Chrome
Some Users are experiencing screen sharing breaks/fails when attempting to share their screen during Meetings while using Chrome on macOS Ventura.
The cause is a bug with how Chrome introduces pending updates. When Users upgrade to macOS Ventura, it removes the pending update and resetting permissions will then restore permissions.
- macOS Ventura
- Chrome v 98.0.4758.132, 99.0.4844.74, 100.0.4896.45, 101.0.4929.5, 101.0.4933.0
- Screen Sharing on Google Chrome
Steps to Fix
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab > Screen Recording.
- Click the lock labeled Click the lock
- When prompted, enter an admin username and password
- If it’s already checked, uncheck the box for Google Chrome in the list on the right side.
- If prompted, choose Later
- Check the same box for Google Chrome that you just unchecked
- If prompted, choose Quit & Reopen
Last Resort: Open a Support Ticket
If the steps above don't solve your issue, reach out to our Support Team so we can take a look.