- 14 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
Agent State Behavior Change
- Updated on 14 Sep 2023
- 2 Minutes to read
We’re on a mission to completely transform how the world works together and our team works around the clock designing groundbreaking, truly unified products — all powered by the most advanced communications Ai in the world!
We're always rolling out updates containing new features and capabilities to ensure you get the most out of Dialpad. Let's take a look at a feature we have coming out soon.
Who will this impact?
Contact Center Agents and Supervisors
What is changing and why?
Currently, Agents can receive direct calls while they are ‘On-duty’, which prevents them from receiving Contact Center Calls. This is not trackable via analytics, and Supervisors and Admins are unable to report on an agent's activity outside of Contact Center calls.
With our updated product, Admins will be able to choose if their Agents remain in an Available or a Busy state when they are receiving or placing direct calls (or whilst they are in a meeting).
Let's take a look at what this means.
- Available: When an Agent remains Available, they can receive both direct and Contact Center calls. If they miss the Contact Center call, they will be put into an “Off-duty” state.
- This allows you to prioritize Contact Center calls over all other calls
- Busy: When an Agent remains in a Busy state, they are unable to receive a Contact Center call until they revert back into an Available state. This state will not allow for wrap-up, or dispositions, and upon the termination of a call, the Agent will immediately revert to an Available state.
- This allows for Agents to handle other calls outside of Contact Center calls
In the future, Admins will be able to specify which calls keep agents Available or Busy.
The improved Supervisor view makes it easy to tell which agents are in what state, and allows you to change their status as required.
With the improved view, the Agents global status and activity are separated into two unique columns.
The Global Status column will comprise of the following statuses:
- Occupied: The agent is actively engaged in a Contact Center interaction
- Wrap Up: The agent finished the call and is in wrap-up mode
- Available: The agent can receive Contact Center calls
- Busy: The Agent is online but cannot receive Contact Center calls
- Off Duty: The Agent is offline and cannot receive Contact Center calls
The Agent Activity column will comprise of the following activities within a Global Status.
- Occupied: Agent is on, or handling another Call
- Available: Agent can take a new call or meeting
- Busy: Agent is in a call or on a meeting
- Off-duty: Agent is off duty, or displaying a custom off-duty status
You'll also notice new DND labels to display if an agent is active or inactive.
- Active: Agent is available and able to handle interactions.
- Inactive: Agent is unavailable to handle interactions, even if the agent's state is set to available.
- If a Supervisor or Agent wants to receive interactions from that Contact Center, they must be moved from Inactive to Active.
When will this be released?
Soon! This feature will be released in Q3 of 2023.