Here at Dialpad, we know and appreciate that business communication takes place in thousands of different languages across the globe. Dialpad's incredible Ai is available in Spanish and English, enabling our customers who do business in Spanish within the US or Mexico to get the benefits of transcription, and access the power of Real-Time Assist cards and Custom Moments.
Let's dive into the details of how Dialpad's Spanish Ai works.
Who can use this feature?
Any Dialpad user on any plan, whose office is based in the US or Mexico.
*Spanish Ai is not yet available for Dialpad Meetings
Enable Spanish Ai
Before you can enable Spanish Ai, first, you'll need to enable Ai for your company and/or department.
- To enable Ai at the Company (and Office) level, follow the directions in this article.
- To enable Ai at the Department and Call Center level, follow the directions in this article.
Once Ai has been enabled, you'll need to change the Ai language to Spanish.
- Navigate to your Admin Settings at Dialpad.com
- Navigate to the Call Center or Department you'd like to enable Spanish Ai
- Under the "Call Center/Department Info" click the drop down 'IVR, Voicemail and Ai Language'
- Select 'Spanish (USA)' or 'Spanish (Mexico)'
- Click 'Save'
After changing the language to Spanish (USA) or Spanish (Mexico) and turning on Ai, all calls in the call center will be transcribed in Spanish.
To enable Spanish Ai on a personal level navigate to your personal settings.
Select Manage IVR, voicemail, and Ai language settings
In the “IVR, Voicemail, and Ai Language” menu change your language to “Spanish (USA)” or “Spanish (Mexico)”.
View Spanish Transcripts
Dialpad's incredible Ai boasts several methods for users to view their Spanish transcripts.
- During an active call, click the Ai button in the 'Active Call' menu — just like that, the real-time transcript will appear.
- Call Center and Department Admins and Supervisors can view call transcripts in real-time by clicking 'View Call'
- Web Call History allows you to review the entire transcript of the conversation and listen to the audio recording.
Contact-specific history is available by clicking the name of the contact. From your desktop or web app, navigate to a contact and click the dropdown labeled 'Transcript' to preview a transcript. With the preview open, you also have the option to view the full transcript. Click 'View Full Transcript' or 'View Call Details' will open up a webpage with your call transcript.
Spanish Ai Features
Dialpad's Spanish Ai features include:
- Live and Post-Call Transcripts
- Real-time Assist cards
- Custom Moments
- Share, comment, and download transcripts
- Transcript Commenting & Download
- Transcript Rating & Editing
- Transcript Search by Keyword in Call History, Call Review & Analytics
- Manual Action Items
- Audio Recording
Are there any Ai features that are not yet available in Spanish?
Yes, there are a few things that we are still working on, and will be launching soon.
- Speech Coaching
- Toggle language transcript live in the call
- Company Dictionary
Why didn't my search return any/correct results?
Only exact matches will be returned when searching transcript keywords in Call Review, Analytics, or Call History — this means accents are required.
If you search for a keyword that exists in both Spanish and English, you may get transcript results in both languages.
How can I submit entries to my company dictionary?
The in-product company dictionary feature is not yet available. Stay tuned though, it is coming!
Can personal calls be transcribed?
Yes, Spanish Ai can transcribe all Dialpad calls made through a shared line or personal line provided the IVR, Voicemail, and Ai language is set to Spanish. It is not yet available for Dialpad Meetings.
What level of accuracy can I expect from the transcripts?
Currently, the accuracy of Spanish Ai is around 70%, but rest assured this will continue to improve as we gather more Spanish call data.
How will my data be used?
Your data will be collected and processed to improve our services in accordance with Dialpad's Terms of Service. For more information on data processing as it relates to Ai, check out our Legal Guide.
When will more features be available?
We are working around the clock to improve our Spanish Ai. Over the next several quarters we will have many new features ready for you to use.
Do I need to change my personal language settings?
No, you only need to change the 'IVR, Voicemail, and Ai' language settings in order to access Spanish transcriptions. Changing your personal language settings only changes the language of the app.
Can I use English Ai at the same time as Spanish Ai?
No. Call centers and departments with their language settings set to “English” who are in supported countries will get their calls transcribed in English.
What happens if I take a call in English in a Spanish Ai Call Center?
Our models will then attempt to transcribe the call in Spanish, resulting in a nonsensical transcript. Recorded audio will not be affected.
Can I use Spanish Ai with Dialpad Meetings?
Not yet, but we are working on it!