Looking to get the Dialpad Click-to-Call Chrome Extension working with Salesforce Lightning? Follow the steps laid out in the article below, and you'll be up and going in no time.
How Do I Set Up Salesforce Lightning and Click-to-Call?
When using the Google Chrome extension for Click-to-Call and Dialpad for Salesforce Lightning, you will need to make a change in the Chrome Extension settings to enable click-to-call within Salesforce.
Before you do so though, you'll want to check the following:
- Confirm your extension (available here) is installed in Chrome.
- Confirm you have access to Dialpad for Salesforce Lightning.
When both of these are configured and installed, you might be unable to click a number in Salesforce to start a call. The numbers will be blanked out or appear white (see below).
This is due to both the Salesforce backend and Dialpad Click-to-Call Extension competing to add calling features to the phone number.
No worries, you can easily resolve this, by adding force.com to the Dialpad Extension exception list.
- In Chrome, right click on the Dialpad Extension and select Options.
- Add force.com to the Website Exceptions and click Save.
- Refresh your Salesforce window/tab. You should now be able to see phone numbers on the Salesforce page and utilize the integration's click to dial features!