Dialpad's Voice Intelligence (Vi) technology uses artificial intelligence to help you drive sales, gain competitive insights, improve customer service, and get the most out of your daily conversations.
So much more than a handy transcription tool (though it does that too, and in real-time!) our VI tracks keywords that come up in customer conversations, detects customer sentiment, records action items, and even automates post-call summaries.
Everything you need is displayed in a post-call summary pop-up that includes action items, moments, sentiment, and a transcript.
Enable Voice Intelligence for Team Members
To enable VI for your team members, go to your Dialpad Meetings dashboard, select the Team icon to open the Team menu and navigate to the Team Settings section. Select the 'Allow Voice Intelligence on calls' toggle
Vi will now appear as a feature for users on your team, however, they'll need to activate it manually. To turn it on, instruct your team members to go to Settings from the Dialpad Meetings dashboard and select the 'Enable automatic Voice intelligence' toggle.
Users can also turn on and off Vi during conferences. Dialpad Meetings will notify all participants in a conference when Vi is turned on and off.
Enable Voice Intelligence for an Individual User
Users can control whether they would like to have Voice Intelligence automatically on or off for all their meetings from within their user settings.
From your Dialpad dashboard, navigate to Settings.
Navigate to Enable automatic Voice Intelligence and toggle the slider to the right to turn on VI.
VI is now enabled and is eady to work.
Real-time transcriptions with Voice Intelligence
You don’t have to wait until after the call to get transcriptions. With real-time Vi, you can see the transcriptions as you speak.
Whenever you enable Voice Intelligence, real-time Vi will be activated by default. Because of this, there is no need to activate anything other than Voice Intelligence. Admins and organizers can also disable Vi from Settings and the Organizer Controls during a call.
To see real-time Vi in action during a meeting, click on the Meeting Notes button on the bottom bar. This will open a side panel containing moments and transcripts. As the meeting progresses, participants will be able to see action items, interesting questions, and other such moments captured in real-time.
Joined that call late? Don't stress! With the real-time transcription, you can scroll up to fetch older transcripts to get the gist of the earlier conversation you missed.
During the call, you can use the Moments tab to see the Vi-detected action items on behalf of you. Additionally, you can also add your own Custom Action Items as well. Everything will be included in the email summary after the call.
Post-Call Summary with Voice Intelligence
Your post-call summary will appear after the organizer ends the conference.
Once it’s finished loading, you'll be able to see details surrounding with Vi, which include action items, moments, sentiment shared, and a transcript.
Action items are detected automatically by Vi during conferences and displayed in the call summary. No need to say “action item” or “next steps” for Vi to capture and display within your post-call summary view.
Sentiment tracking analyzes conversations for specific words to give a snapshot of how participants on a conference are feeling. They’ll automatically get picked up during your conversation and get placed in the call summary.
Search for Keywords
Within the post-call transcript, you can search for specific keywords, to get further insight into what was discussed during the conference.
The moment list has two parts: filters (top) and moment list (bottom).
When viewing the filter section, each of the moments that a call will be shown with the number of times that moment occurred. Clicking on a moment will filter the moment list below to show only that type of moment.
A moment is a unique and interesting part of a call - something that might help you understand a customer or coach an agent.
Clicking on a moment will:
- Scroll the transcript to the section where that moment was mentioned
- Highlight that moment in a color matching the moment color in the list
- The words that triggered the moment to be captured will be bolded for easy identification
Dialpad Meetings' Voice Intelligence captures these moments:
- Action Item - a single clearly defined task to be completed after the call/meeting, usually assigned to an individual or small group; example: "I will send the information to you tomorrow"
- Address - when anyone mentions an address of a physical location or building
- Competitor - a caller mentions a competitor defined in your company dictionary
- Call Recording Notification - the agent notifies the customer that the call is being recorded
- Currency - the customer or agent mentions a dollar amount or an amount in another currency; example: “That costs $100”
- Date - the customer or agent mentions a specific date; example: “let’s meet December 10, 2020”
- Email Address - when anyone mentions an email address
- Interesting Question - any interesting question asked on a call; example: “Can we meet tomorrow at 4:00?”
- Negative Sentiment - the customer says something generally negative
- Positive Sentiment - the customer says something generally positive
- Swear Words - identified when anyone uses profanity; example: "that's bullshit"
- Time - the customer or agent mentions a specific time of day; example: “Let’s meet at 1:30 PM”
Dialpad Meetings' Voice Intelligence does not capture these moments:
- Manager Attention
- Phone Number
- Purpose of Call
- Support Defective
- Support Issue Resolved
Share Call Summary with Voice Intelligence
To share the call summary with the transcript, moments, and action items, select View call summary > Share and copy the URL. Anyone with the link grants them access to the shared call summary.