During meetings, it’s often necessary to collaborate on visual aspects like notes, timelines, and organizing topics. While doing so in a physical meeting room whiteboard is easy enough, video meetings require a different tool.
That’s why Dialpad offers Miro integration which allows you to create an online collaborative whiteboard inside Dialpad Meetings and collaboratively create notes with all the meeting participants as easily as sharing a screen. Miro boards are automatically saved so that you can continue the work after the meeting is over.
To get started, enable Miro in your Account Settings:
Launching Miro while you’re in a Dialpad Meeting is simple:
- Go to “Share your Screen” on the menu bar on the bottom.
- “Share your Screen” will give you the option of sharing your screen or a Miro board.
- Select “Miro whiteboard,” then select from one of the following:
- Create a board as a guest user (no registration required)
- Sign in using your Miro account to choose and work from an existing board
When you launch a Miro board, you will have access to Miro features, such as:
- Accessing premade templates
- Attaching documents or images for annotation
- Adding sticky notes, text boxes, comments, tables, and more
- For more information on Miro features, check out the Miro quick start guide
You can also share a link to the Miro board with the participants so they can collaborate alongside you. Just click on the share button, set the share permissions, and then copy and paste the link into the Dialpad Meeting chat window:
Available settings for sharing Miro boards:
- View: participants will be able to view the board only
- Edit: participants can edit the board
- Comment: participants will only be able to leave comments (not available for guest users)
- Private: only you and people you grant access will have access to the board (not available for guests users)
You can create as many boards as you’d like during each meeting.
Accessing Miro Boards
After you end your meeting, the meeting summary (in-app and email) will include links to each Miro board you created:
If you signed in with a Miro account, the board you created in Dialpad Meetings will appear automatically in your Miro account.
Miro boards made through a guest Miro account are accessible for 24 hours. To save your Miro board, follow the on-screen prompt to sign up for a free Miro account: