Business meetings and calls are full of tasks that get discussed, assigned, and then, forgotten.
Dialpad Ai makes sure no opportunity is missed by automatically creating action items for tasks that were mentioned in the conversation. No need for messy notes, you can just focus on closing that deal, or presenting those metrics.
Let's dive into the details.
Types of Action Items
Dialpad Ai detects several different types of action items during your calls:
- “You can contact me tomorrow”
- “We will call you on Tuesday”
- “I will email you the document”
- “You can send him the notes”
Set up meeting
- “I can set up a meeting with you to discuss this”
- “I will book a meeting with you on Monday”
How Action Items Work
In order for an action item to be captured, there must be a task owner and an action or task discussed in the conversation. Recipients and timing are other optional details that can be captured.
Task owner: The person responsible for the action/task
- The task owner must be either “I”, “we”, or “you” and is required in every action item
- Example: “We will give you a call later”
Action: The specific action or task which needs to occur
- Example: “We will send you the invoice”
Recipient: The person/people who will be receiving the action
- The recipient must be either “you”, “us”, “them”, “him”, or “her”
- Example: “I will schedule a meeting with them on Friday”
Timing: The time at which the action will take place.
- Example: “I will shoot you an email tomorrow”
Once Dialpad Ai detects the task owner and action, it will automatically record the action item for you.
How to Use Action Items
As long as Ai is enabled, Action Items will automatically be detected in your meetings and calls.
After your calls, use Action Items as a checklist to help you keep track of tasks you committed to, as well as know when you can expect something from someone else.
To view an Action Item:
- Go to your Call History from Dialpad.com
- Select the Ai icon beside the call
- Select Highlights, or click Action Items on the left-hand sidebar
Share Action Items
Send Action Items to meeting participants by sharing the call summary URL via email or SMS.
To share an Action Item:
- Select the Share icon on the top right corner
- Select the section of the call you'd like to share
Choose the viewing permissions
- Can be accessed by anyone with the URL
- Can be accessed by those within your company only
- Select Create link
- Copy the link and share
Ensure that your reps are proactive about setting the next steps by reviewing calls with action items.
First, head to your Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Select Call History
- Click the Moment Filter
- Check the box beside Action Items
- Select Apply
Now you'll see an updated list of all calls containing Action Items.
Click the Ai icon beside any call to open the call sumary and see if the action items were followed up upon accordingly.