Real-Time Assist Best Practice Tips
Keep it brief
Real-Time Assists pop up during a live call so it’s important the information on them is easy to skim and speak to. A few key bullets are good.
Put the critical information first
Don’t make reps search! Think about the one key thing a rep should say in response to a conversational prompt, make that the first point on your Assist card.
Share non-critical or more detailed information with your reps.
Utilize rep-generated Assists
Since you can set the speaker that generates a Real-Time Assist (the rep making the call or the prospect), they can be used not only as prompts in response to customer talking points but also notes and cheat sheets reps can actively call if they need to.
Validate and Iterate
It goes without saying that getting feedback from your team and understanding what’s most helpful to them is a key part of making the most of this feature.
We’ll show you how often each card is triggered and recommend you get feedback from your team to answer questions like:
- Are the most frequently triggered cards useful?
- Are there cards that don’t trigger often that could be more impactful?
- Do you need to adjust any trigger terms or phrases to more accurately capture what prospects say?
- Are there knowledge gaps you could fill with a new card?
Setting Up Triggers
Use all grammatically correct forms of your trigger word or phrase.
- ✅price discussion
- ✅price discussions
- ✅pricing discussion
- ✅pricing discussions
- ❌DON’T include “prices discussions” because it’s not grammatically correct, and thus not likely to occur in conversation.
Make sure your word is in the company dictionary
If a trigger is not a normal English word, you’ll need to enter that word into the company dictionary before the RTA will work.
- AcmeCorp as a product name isn’t a normal English word. Before we can use it as a trigger, we need to add “AcmeCorp” to our own company dictionary.
Acronyms and Initialisms
Write these with either a ‘.’ between each letter or in ALL CAPS. You don’t need to have both versions “FBI” and “F.B.I.” as either one will work.
Number triggers should be written in words unless the number is in the company dictionary.
- ✅two fifty
- ✅model V.V.X. two fifty
- ✅model VVX 250 → this will only work if the term is already in the company dictionary.