I'm using macOS Mojave and my mic suddenly stopped working, what gives?
macOS Mojave strengthened user security and privacy by barring apps from using the built-in FaceTime camera or microphone with your explicit consent.
Do the following to consent for apps to use the mic or webcam.
- Select System Preferences from the Apple Menu
- Click on the icon labeled Security & Privacy
- Click on the Privacy tab at the top
- In the lefthand column, click on either Camera or Microphone to manage app permissions
- Select the box next to Dialpad to grant access to the mic or cam