This article will dive into how to use and create RTAs and Custom Moments but generally:
- Use Real-Time Assist (RTAs): if you want to coach your agents live on a call for specific topics and issues
- Use Custom Moments: if you want to create custom analytics and reporting
Check out our Best Practices Guide for getting the most out of RTAs and Custom Moments.
Real-Time Assist Cards
Real-Time Assist (RTA) cards are small info-cards that pop up in real time when a keyword or phrase is mentioned during a conversation. RTA cards contain information, such as links to relevant pricing plans, to assist the agent in real-time when helping a customer.
You can create your own RTA cards or choose from a set of pre-existing templates.A card can be set to trigger on the agent-side, customer-side or both sides of a call, and you can choose which call center(s) or groups a given card should work for.
We still keep track of additional instances where the key phrase occurs, and they’re visible in the call review/analytics.
Instructions for creating cards can be found here.
Custom Moments also trigger when a keyword or phrase is mentioned, but they do not include a pop-up card. Custom Moments are used to alert managers when a given word or phrase is triggered on a call. A manager can intervene right away, or review the Custom Moment and its trigger post-call.
Like RTA cards, Custom Moment trigger phrases can be assigned to the customer side, agent side, or both sides of a call. Similarly, you can assign a Custom Moment to whichever call center(s) or group(s) you choose -- like RTAs, a given CM can be shared across multiple groups and call centers, and each existing CM or RTA card can be edited or updated to add new groups or call centers.
Both RTA cards and Custom Moments can be used in post-call analytics like historical trend reporting, for coaching purposes, and for real-time alerts.
Analytics and Call Review
Once you’ve created a custom moment or RTA, you’ll be able to see it in action the same way you can with our other, pre-existing moments: once they trigger on a call, they will appear under the Moments filter in both the Analytics and Call History menus. From there, you can filter calls that include the custom moment of your choice.
Alternatively, if you open Call Review for a given call, you’ll see any moments that were triggered during the call -- including custom moments -- as filter options on the left:
RTA cards and Custom Moments are created essentially the same way: from Dialpad, navigate to Admin Settings > Call Centers > Voice Intelligence.
From there, you will have the option to select either Real-Time Assist cards or Custom Moments.
Clicking either of these will provide a link at the top right of your screen, entitled Create Real-Time Assist card or Create Custom Moment, respectively.
Once you click the link, simply follow the steps provided. You can choose to create a card from scratch, or you can start with the pre-existing templates provided by Dialpad. If you create from scratch, the interface looks like this:
Essentially, the requirements for card/moment creation within that UI are as follows:
- Create a title
- What will you name this card or moment?
- Create a description
- What is this card or moment for?
- Fill in the information you want to display to the agent (RTA cards only)
- What information, links, or answers would you like your agents to see when this card is triggered?
- Add trigger phrases
- What words and/or phrases will trigger this card or moment?
- Note once you add a trigger phrase the number of calls it’s triggered on in the last week will show up in brackets (ex (7)). This is useful for understanding how useful the trigger phrase will be.
- Choose who will trigger this card or moment
- Should the trigger phrases apply to anyone on the call, just the rep, or just the customer?
- Select groups to apply the card to
- Which agents’ calls should trigger this moment or card? You can add multiple Call Centers or Coaching Teams.