Using the Call History menu, Admins and users can:
- View records of all Dialpad calls
- Filter for specific Offices or users as well as dates and times
- Review call details such as date/time, direction, the initial point of entry, and access call recordings and voicemails (personal calls only)
Let's take a look at the Call History menu in Dialpad.
Access Call History
From Dialpad.com, navigate to Call History in the left sidebar.
Users are able to select the Save Pin icon in the top-right corner to set a default view for each time they visit the Call History menu.
All Calls, My Calls, or a Saved Search can be set as the default view.
Once you've set a default view, a yellow-colored pin appears in the top-right corner to indicate the default view is launched.
Users & Groups
Filter by User, Office, Department, Call Center, or Coaching Team.
By default, if you’re an Office or Company Admin, when you first click into your analytics it will be filtered to All Calls for Entire Office. If you are an Individual Team Member, you will see data just for you.
To filter your data by user or group click on the drop-down arrow to search through a list of your users and group lines. You will have the ability to filter for the following:
- User Calls: show calls from that user both individual and as an agent/operator for a group they belong to; you can filter this further by any group they belong to
- Groups Calls (Department, Main Line, or Call Center): show all calls made by Agents on behalf of those groups; does not include personal calls from those Agents/Operators
- Coaching Team Calls: show all individual calls made by the team members, excluding Call Center calls
When a target has been added, you can add another to the filter. Select Add another user or Add another group in the filter draw and enter another target of the same type.
Additional Filters Available
- Custom Date Range
Admins can use this to search for their calls with a contact.
With any Call Content filter, you'll need Voice Intelligence enabled to generate results. Additionally, this type of filter is not supported if you've searched multiple targets.
You can select up to five keywords (separated by commas) and up to five moments to filter multiple entries.
Apply this filter to your call history to drill into internal or external call data.
- Agent side: the Operator or your Dialpad Team Member said the keyword(s)
- Customer side: the customer or your external contact said the keyword(s)
- Agent side: the moment(s) occurred on the Operator or your Dialpad Team Member’s side of the conversation
- Customer side: the moment(s) occurred on the customer or your external contact’s side of the conversation
Choose the length of calls that are filtered into the data.
Filter for specific calls with the following statuses:
- Inbound (Answered)
- Missed & Voicemail
- Outbound (Connected)
Disposition (Call Centers & Coaching Teams)
Set up call dispositions, then use this filter to find calls with a specific disposition.
Saved Search for Filters
Easily return to filters that you're often using to analyze call logs. From the Call History menu, filter as usual and then select Save this Search.
Saved Searches are stored in the My Searches section to the left side of the Call History menu. You can always see the full list of Saved Searches and select one to open it.
If you'd like to delete a Saved Search, open it and select the Trash icon in the top-right corner. Saved Search also offers edit and reset options if you decide to make any changes.
Keep in mind that Saved Searches in the Call History menu do not carry over to the Analytics menu.
Saved Searches are available in predefined templates, too, that can be used as-is or customized to build a new Saved Search quickly.
If you select the Plus ('+') icon alongside My Saved Search, you'll see the predefined templates — Celebrate Successes, Coachable escalations, Hard Calls, Confused Customer, and Follow-Up Needed.
Choose a predefined template, then the Call History menu will update to reflect its target and appropriate filters.
Reading Call Logs
Entries in the Call History menu will display the call status, start date and time, duration, disposition (for Call Centers), and access to controls such as the call recording or call review.
Hover over a user or target to reveal details including the name, phone number, and target type.
Contacts are phone numbers outside of Dialpad who called or were called by a User or Target within your Dialpad company.
- Contact types indicate whether the contact source was a third-party contact service (e.g. Google, Microsoft), or your local address book (e.g. from your mobile phone).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I search for more than one user or group at the same time?
You can search for a user within a group. For example, if you are filtering your Finance Department group, you can filter for agent Jon Doe as well.
How far back will this data go?
Call records of your company’s entire history are accessible.
Can I export the call history?
Not from the Call History menu, but you can switch to the Analytics menu that includes charting data and then export call logs to obtain call history.
I don't see any calls in Call History when I filter for both an individual and a coaching team. Why?
As of October 18, 2021, you should be able to see calls when using both the individual's name and coaching team as a filter. To find calls before October 18, 2021, simply search for the individual or the coaching team instead of using both filters simultaneously.