With the OneLogin SCIM integration, admins can create, update, and delete users in Dialpad
by using the OneLogin Administrative Portal.
Setting Up API Keys
- Navigate to Admin Settings > My Company > Authentication > API Keys
- Select Add a Key and generate a new API key for OneLogin
Before following the steps below, you will want to ensure you have:
- Dialpad Community Admin (Super Admin) access
- OneLogin Administrative Portal Access
- Dialpad Enterprise Plan
- Available licenses
On the OneLogin administrative portal, Navigate to app listing > Search for Dialpad > Add the Dialpad App > Click into the app to configure
Before you move on to the configuration tab, you will want to open the SAML settings on the Dialpad Admin page in another browser tab.
Next, on the Configuration Settings tab:
- Copy and Paste the "SP SSO Url(ACS) value found on the Dialpad SAML settings page
- Add in the API key we generated earlier and select Enable
Next, click into the SSO settings tab while keeping the Dialpad SAML page open in another tab:
- Copy and paste the "SP SSO URL" from the Dialpad SAML settings page in the "SAML 2.0 Endpoint" on the OneLogin SAML Settings
- Select the "Issuer URL" and paste it in "IdP Entity ID" on the Dialpad SAML settings page
- Select the "X.509 Certificate" from OneLogin SCIM settings and paste it in "Certificate" on the Dialpad SAML Settings page
Now that SAML has been set up, go to the Provisioning tab and check "Enable Provisioning" to set up SCIM and click save.
Creating and Deleting Dialpad Users
Once OneLogin is configured for SCIM, new users can be provisioned on Dialpad by creating them in the OneLogin portal.
Navigate to the Users tab > Select New User > Create the new user and click Save
Next, navigate to Applications > Add the Dialpad Application login > Update any relevant details and hit Save.
OneLogin syncs are in real time so your new user should be created in a few seconds.
What are the default mappings?
- Office in OneLogin → Office in Dialpad
- Number in OneLogin → Number in Dialpad
- Email(s) in OneLogin → Email(s) in Dialpad
- Username in OneLogin → Username in Dialpad
- First name in OneLogin → First name in Dialpad
- Last name in OneLogin → Last name in Dialpad
What happens to the existing users once SCIM is added to the company?
Any users that already exist in both Dialpad and OneLogin get linked together using their email address to determine which corresponds to which, and any fields that were out of sync will be communicated to OneLogin.
How is a number assigned?
We would first assign it from the reserved pool in the office. If not, we would use the area code of the office where the user is assigned to.