Combine your productivity tools and get work done—with Dialpad + Slack your team can be notified of activity on your Department or Call Center without leaving Slack.
Enable the Integration
To enable the integration on your Office, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Admin Settings > Company Settings > Integrations
- Next to Slack select Enable from the drop-down menu
- Authenticate the connection between Slack and Dialpad
Now that you've enabled the integration for your Office, the next step is selecting the shared lines you'd like to have Slack connect with.
Turn Slack Logging On
To automatically log activity like received calls, voicemails, etc., you'll just need to navigate to either your Department or Call Center's advanced settings to turn this feature on.
- Navigate to your Main Line, Department, or Call Center
- Expand the Advanced Settings menu
- Under Automatic Call Logging > Slack check all the activities you'd like to log
- Select the channel you want to push notifications to
Dialpad Notifications in Slack
Once connected, you'll receive push notifications in Slack for a number of notifications like:
- When a call started
- When a call is completed
- When a call is missed
- When a voicemail is received
Do I have to be the Slack Admin to enable the integration?
No. You’ll just have to be a Dialpad Admin to enable across your Office and the Department or Call Center Admin to enable on those lines.
Can I click to call from Slack?
Yes! Just click on a number from your Slack and your Dialpad app will be opened ready to place the call.
Will notifications appear on my Slack mobile app?
Will this be a paid add-on or included in my plan?
Good news—this integration will automatically be included in your plan at no additional cost.
Can we push activity from direct user lines?
Not at this time. Our integration currently only works on shared lines like your Departments or Call Centers.