Our Dialpad Support and Dialpad Sell products or Call Centers give teams more flexibility when it comes to customer support and call routing. Call Center features include:
- Flexible routing options
- Real-time dashboard and service alerts
- Real-time coaching via listen-in, barge, and take over
- Customizable Hold Queue rules & limits
Let's take a quick look at how you'd create a new Call Center in Dialpad Support.
Create a Call Center
To get started, navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Call Centers > Add a Call Center
After creating your Call Center, you'll be able to add local or toll-free numbers as well as add a fax number (additional charges apply).
Purchase Call Center Licenses
Before you can assign users as Agent or Reps to a Call Center, you'll need to purchase Call Center licenses for each user.
You'll see this option under Billing as well as under Admin Settings > Office > Licenses > Buy Licenses
Just purchase the number of licenses you'll need for each active agent that you plan on adding to a Call Center.
Add Agents and Admins
Next, you'll need to assign team members as Agents or Reps to make and receive calls on your Call Center. Here's how:
- Add people from your team by typing in the search field
- If desired, select either Make Supervisor or Make Admin from the drop-down
Call Center Supervisors have all the access as an Agent or Rep with the ability to utilize coaching metrics like Listen In, Barge In, and Take Over, as well as access the dashboard and set alerts.
Call Center Admins have all of the above-mentioned access in addition to being able to edit Call Center settings.
Set Business Hours & Call Handling
This section includes areas to:
- Set business hours for your Call Center
- Set call routing options
- Set your Hold Queue rules and limits
- Set or record your Call Center voicemail
- Upload or record your Welcome Greeting
Your advanced settings give you more control over your Call Center. Scroll through this section to:
- Enable Voice Intelligence (available if enabled at the Office level first)
- Automatically record inbound calls, outbound calls or both
- Allow agents to stop/restart recording during a call
- Add a post-wrap-up time for Agents
- Set the Call Queue Caller ID
- Allow callers to be placed in Hold Queue when no Agents are available
- Call Center Failover Number
- Let Agents know Supervisor is listening in
- Automatic call logging for integrations
- Call waiting for agents (only applies if an agent is on an outbound call)
Customize Call Recording
In addition to being able to choose to automatically record all outbound calls, Admin's can go one step further and pick and choose which outbound calls get recorded based on area code.
Navigate to Advanced Settings > Automatically Record Outbound Calls > Manage Outbound call recording exceptions > Manage Exceptions
Here you can make the exception list of area codes for calls you do not want to be recorded OR choose to just have the agent side of the conversation recorded.
Dashboard and Alerts
Admins can keep a finger on the pulse of your Call Center through your Dashboard & Alerts section is where you'll find customizable alerts & notification settings.
Admins can set alerts for the following:
Have more questions about Call Centers? Check out FAQ.