Call Queues are available on the Pro and Enterprise plan.
Like Departments, Call Queues are an alternate way to route your callers to a specific group of team members.
Unlike Departments, Agents are rung one at a time based on which Agent has been idle the longest. And when all Agents are busy assisting other callers, incoming calls can be routed to a hold queue.
Create a Call Queue
Navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Call Queues > Add a Call Queue
Add a Call Queue Number
Call Queue numbers let customers call your Queue directly, instead of having to route through your Main Line.
Other benefits to a Call Queue number include:
- The ability to transfer calls to the Call Queue
- Allow Agents to call customers via the Dept caller ID
- Allow Agents to message customers via the caller ID
Dialpad Tip: Adding a Call Queue number is an additional charge.
Do I have to add a Call Queue number to use Call Queues?
Nope. If you don't add a Call Queue number, you'll just need to select the Queue from your Main Line call handling options so callers can still reach your Agents
- Navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Office > Main Line > Call Handling
- Select To a Dept from your call handling menu or select Forward to Dept from the Automated Response Menu and select your Call Queue from the drop-down