Company and Office Admins can initiate a port of their local number straight from the Dialpad portal.
Make sure you have the following information before starting:
- The account owner name
- The associated service address
- The list of the numbers you want to port
- The associated account number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
- The associated PIN number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
Initiate a Request
- Navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Office > Number Porting
- Select New Port Request
Administrators can batch up to 500 local numbers, separated by commas. Need more? Contact our support team.
Ex:1 (555) 555-9876,1 (555)-1234,15555677
Account Info and Number Assignment
Each local number will have a drop-down menu for you to enter your account information.
You'll also be able to assign the number to a team member, Department, room phone, etc. Just select 1 Number to pull up your search screen.
Select Day and Time
Before submitting your port, Admins can select the specific day and time they'd like to have their ports completed by.
After successfully submitting your port, Administrators will see a green success bar under Completed Ports.
If there's a hiccup in the request, we'll alert the Administrator via email and with a red banner within your Porting screen that lists the steps to correct the issue.
Have more questions about porting? Check out our FAQ.