Company and Office Admins can initiate a port of their local number straight from the Dialpad portal.
Make sure you have the following information before starting:
- The account owner name
- The associated service address
- The list of the numbers you want to port
- The associated account number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
- The associated PIN number (typically only needed for mobile numbers)
Dialpad Tip: Ask your losing carrier for a copy of your Customer Service Record (CSR). That'll have all the pertinent info listed above.
Initiate a Request
- Navigate to Dialpad.com > Admin Settings > Office > Number Porting
- Select New Port Request
Administrators can batch up to 100 local numbers, separated by commas. Need more? Contact our support team.
Ex:1 (555) 555-9876,1 (555)-1234,15555677
Account Info and Number Assignment
Each local number will have a drop-down menu for you to enter your account information.
You'll also be able to assign the number to a team member, Department, room phone, etc. Just select 1 Number to pull up your search screen.
After successfully submitting your port, Administrators will see a green success bar under Completed Ports.
If there's a hiccup in the request, we'll alert the Administrator via email and with a red banner within your Porting screen that lists the steps to correct the issue.
Have more questions about porting? Check out our FAQ.