Edit your Contacts
To edit a contact:
- Open a conversation thread with your contact
- In their profile, click Edit Contact
- Make your edits then click Save Changes
Beyond editing names and #s, you can also adjust the primary # of your contact in cases where they have more than 1 contact #.
Just click the phone # drop-down next to their name in your conversation thread to manually change their primary #.
View your Contacts
Click on Contacts in your left-hand sidebar to pull up the following categories:
- Frequent: Contacts you interact with the most
- Directory: Your fellow Dialpad team members (company-wide)
- Departments: All Departments within your Office. Click on the Dept. to display all Operators
Search for Contacts
- Click on the Search icon to pull up your search screen
- Start typing in your contact's name or number to pull up their information
We split personal contacts and Dept. contacts out. You’ll notice Dept. contacts have a colored tag denoting which Dept. they belong to.
Add a Contact
- Click Contacts on your left-hand sidebar
- Click Add a Contact on the right-hand side of your screen
Don't forget that contacts added in GSuite or Office 365 will automatically appear in Dialpad.
Have more questions about syncing contacts? Check out our FAQ.