Edit your Contacts
To edit a contact:
- Open a conversation thread with your contact
- In their profile, click Edit Contact
- Make your edits then click Save Changes
Beyond editing names and #s, you can also adjust the primary # of your contact in cases where they have more than 1 contact #.
Just click the phone # drop-down next to their name in your conversation thread to manually change their primary #.
View your Contacts
Click on Contacts in your left-hand sidebar to pull up the following categories:
- Frequent: Contacts you interact with the most
- Directory: Your fellow Dialpad team members (company-wide)
- Departments: All Departments within your Office. Click on the Dept. to display all Operators
Search for Contacts
- Click on the Search icon to pull up your search screen
- Start typing in your contact's name or number to pull up their information
We split personal contacts and Dept. contacts out. You’ll notice Dept. contacts have a colored tag denoting which Dept. they belong to.
Add a Contact
- Click Contacts on your left-hand sidebar
- Click Add a Contact on the right-hand side of your screen
Don't forget that contacts added in GSuite or Office 365 will automatically appear in Dialpad.
Upload Shared Contacts
Have contacts you'd like to share across your Company? Just provide us with a .CSV file of your existing contacts and our support team will upload them into Dialpad.
Please only include the following required fields:
- Country** (only required for #s outside the US)
*If you're adding more than 1 phone #, just separate them with a |. Ex: 7777777777|5555555555.
**International numbers require the country code and abbreviation.
Dialpad Tip: We won't be able to accept #s formatted with periods ex: 777.777.7777. Unformatted numbers (4152222222) work the best.
How it Works
Once the upload is complete, your shared contacts will be searchable by every user within your Company. A few things to keep in mind:
- Shared contacts that interact with Depts will display a colored tag and will create a Dept. contact
- Communication history (calls & messages) with shared contacts that interact with a Dept. will be searchable/viewable by Operators
- Updates to shared contacts affect every instance of the shared contact in Dialpad (including their listings in your Dept.)
- Shared contacts are editable by every user in your Company
Edit any of the following fields and Dialpad will update the contact's profile wherever it appears:
- Company Role
Shared contacts can be deleted, however, it will only delete the user’s specific communication history, text content, etc. The shared contact will still be searchable after deletion.
Lastly, shared contacts don't sync back to G Suite or Office 365.
Have more questions about syncing contacts? Check out our FAQ.