Company/Office Administrators can create a new Department by:
- Navigating to Dialpad.com>Departments>Add a Department
- Name your new Department and click Create
Add a Department Number
Department numbers let customers call your Department directly, instead of having to route through your Main Line.
Other benefits to a Department number include:
- The ability to transfer calls to the Dept.
- Allow Operators to call customers via the Dept caller ID
- Allow Operators to message customers via the caller ID
Dialpad Tip: Department numbers are an additional charge.
Do I have to add a Department number to use a Department?
Nope. If you don't add a Department number, you'll just need to select the Department from your Main Line call handling options so callers can still reach your Operators.
- Navigate to Dialpad.com>Office>Main Line>Call Handling
- Select To a Dept from your call handling menu or select Forward to Dept from the Automated Response Menu and select your Department from the drop-down