Manual quality control and time-consuming grading is a thing of the past with Dialpad’s brand-new feature — Ai Scorecards!
Dialpad Ai works with QA Scorecards to deliver accurate, actionable, and comprehensive scorecards on all customer conversations. This means you’ll have the full picture of your Team’s performance and won’t be basing your Agent’s performance off of a select few calls each month. Not only that, there’s minimal set-up required — Dialpad provides out-of-the-box templates, letting you get started right away!
Let's dive into the details.
What are Ai Scorecards?
Ai Scorecards adds an Ai component to our QA Scorecards feature, giving you an objective, efficient, and complete view of your Team’s performance. Every call is graded by Dialpad Ai, removing the need for managers to spend hours a week manually reviewing calls or shadowing agents.
Use Ai Scorecards to identify Agent knowledge gaps and discover coaching opportunities. Share scorecard grades with agents, and use our Ai Scorecard Analytics to measure and compare results across teams.
Easily create new scorecards with prebuilt, templated questions, or create your own re-usable templates for additional evaluation criteria.
Enable Ai Scorecards
Once you’re enrolled in our Early Adopter Program, the first thing you’ll need to do is make sure Ai is turned on for your Contact Center.
- Head to Admin Settings from Dialpad.com
- Select the desired office
- Navigate to Contact Centers
- Choose the desired Contact Center
- Navigate to Dialpad Ai
- Check the box beside Turn on Dialpad Ai for this contact center
Who Can Do What
Track the performance of individuals and teams, understanding the effectiveness of scorecards and coaching over time.
There are 4 different Ai Scorecard permission levels:
- Coaches have the same Ai Scorecard permissions as Supervisors.
- Contact Center Admin
- Office Admin
- QA Grader
Let's take a deeper look at these permission types, and who can grade which calls.
|Supervisor||Contact Center Admin||Office Admin||QA Grader|
|Delete grade submitted by another supervisor||✅||✅|
|Delete grade submitted by another Contact Center Admin||✅||✅|
|View another Users grades||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|View another Users grade details||✅||✅||✅|
|Create, duplicate, publish & archive Scorecards||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Export Scorecard Reports||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Grade Contact Center or Coach Team Call that the User is monitoring||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Grade Contact Center or Coaching Team Call the user is not monitoring||✅||✅|
|Edit grade of Self Graded call||✅||✅||✅||✅|
|Edit grade submitted by another Supervisor||*||*||*||*|
|Edit grade submitted by another Contact Center Admin||*||*||*||*|
|Delete grade submitted by User (their own grade)||✅||✅||✅||✅|
* Users can have multiple permission types.
* *You can only edit grades for calls that you have graded.
The Ai Grader role contains three permission types:
- Scorecard Access: All Coaching Teams - Provides the grader access to all Coaching Team calls across the entire company
- Scorecard Access: Contact Centers (Office) - Provides the grader access to all contact center calls within their office
- Scorecard Access: Contact Centers (Company) - Provides the grader access to all contact center calls across the whole company and can only be assigned by the Company Admin
Create an Ai Scorecard
To create an Ai scorecard, navigate to Admin Settings in your Admin portal.
- Select QA Scorecard
- Select Create Scorecard
- Enter the name and description of your scorecard
- Beside Ai Questions, toggle the slider on
- Select which Ai questions you want to use, or skip the questions and click Create scorecard
- Review and customize each Ai question by editing the value points, response type, obligations and trigger words
- The response type for an Ai question can only be yes or no. If you choose a different response type, the question will revert to a traditional (non-Ai) question and will not be scored by Ai
- If you create your own Ai question, check the box beside ‘Save question as template’ so you can re-use it on another scorecard
- Select Save once you’ve edited each Ai question
- Select Publish once you’re ready to finalize the scorecard
That's it! Your scorecard is now active and will appear in your scorecard inventory.
After selecting Ai Questions, you can add traditional questions during the scorecard review.
Select Add question, choose the desired criteria, and select Save.
Every question must have the following components:
- Question Title: Question or statement to be considered when grading the call
- Response Type: Yes/No
- Ai questions can only have Yes or No answers. If you choose Agreement (Likert), Frequency (Likert), Importance (Likert), Likelihood (Likert), or Quality (Likert) your question will not be scored by Ai
- Responses: Responses are auto-filled to match the response type chosen, but are customizable
- Points: Point value given for each response
Adding any of the following optional question features to give your grades more flexibility, and to provide your team with more analytics data.
- Add a comment: Creates an open text box allowing graders to add comments
- The comment field can be marked as required or optional
- A comment field can be added for each question — all grading comments appear on the detailed scorecard exports
- Allow Question to Be Skipped: Adds the ability for the question to be marked as N/A without affecting the Agent's overall score
- Automatically Fail Entire Scorecard for Certain Responses: Adds the ability for graders to automatically fail the entire scorecard based on the outcome of the question
- A scorecard can have multiple questions marked to be automatically failed
- Save question as a template: Saves the Ai question, allowing you to re-use it in different scorecards
Each Scorecard must have a unique name.
Once an Ai scorecard has been created, it’s questions cannot be edited, only the trigger words and phrases.
Archive an Ai Scorecard
Workflows adapt, and your scorecard needs will change as your company grows. Ai Scorecards can be archived, maintaining the card's analytics data.
Archiving scorecards cannot be undone and once the scorecard is archived, it can no longer be used to grade calls.
To archive a scorecard:
- Navigate to the QA Scorecard section in your Admin Portal
- Select the desired scorecard
- Select Archive
- Confirm the action by clicking Yes, Archive
Archived scorecards can be reviewed at any time.
To view archived scorecards:
- Navigate to the QA Scorecard section in your Admin Portal
- Select Archived from the drop-down menu beside the Searchbar
Duplicate an Ai Scorecard
Need to create a copy of a scorecard? Not to worry, duplicating Ai scorecards is a piece of cake.
First, head to your Admin Portal from Dialpad.com
- Navigate to QA Scorecards
- Select the scorecard you would like to duplicate
- Click Duplicate on the top right corner
- Review the copy of the scorecard and update as desired
- Select Publish
- Confirm by selecting Yes, publish now
That’s it! Your duplicated scorecard is now ready for use.
Delete a Grade
Need to delete a grade? No problem! However, what exactly you’re able to delete depends on your permissions.
- Office Administrators can delete any grade in their office
- Supervisors can only delete grades that they submitted.
To delete a grade head to Call History from your Admin Settings.
- Choose the desired call
- Use the QA Scorecard filter for quick access to graded calls
- Click the grade to view the scorecard
- Click the garbage can icon at the bottom of the scorecard.
- Click "Confirm" when prompted.
Scoring a Call
Ai automatically does the heavy lifting for you! Dialpad Ai pre-selects answers to the scorecard’s questions based on the conversation.
On the left-hand side, the Moments sidebar tells you how many times each Ai Question was triggered. Click on each Ai Question to see where in the transcript the question was triggered. See why Ai suggested a response by clicking on the Suggested by Ai answer on the scorecard. This will take you to the exact moment in the conversation where the trigger word was mentioned. If the trigger word was mentioned multiple times, you can click on the Suggested by Ai answer multiple times to navigate through each moment of the transcript.
To grade a call with an Ai Scorecard:
- Navigate to Call History from your Dialpad Admin Settings
- Click the Ai icon beside the call you want to grade
- Select QA Scorecards from the right sidebar
- Select the scorecard you’d like to use and click Next
- Beside each Ai Scorecard, you’ll see what percentage of the scorecard Ai was able to complete — you’ll see the scorecards with the highest completion rate noted first
- Review the auto-populated responses and update if needed
- Complete any remaining scorecard questions
- Select Submit grade to grade the call
Share Scorecard Grades
Feedback is crucial to prevent bad habits from forming. Supervisors can easily share grades with agents, in real-time or schedule the grade to be shared at a later date.
To share a scorecard grade:
- Grade the call and select Submit & Share
- Choose to Share now or Share Later
- Scheduled sharing sends the grade to the agent on the date of your choice, up to a month out
- Choose the sending method
- Grades can be shared via email or Dialbot alert
Once shared, the Agent is notified of the grade, the grader, and the call.
From the Call Summary page, the Agent can view the details of the grade, broken down by question.
Find Ai-Graded Calls
Easily find Ai-graded calls in your Call History.
- Select the QA Scorecards filter
- Choose the desired criteria
- Filter by Agent
- Filter by Grader
- Filter by Score
- Filter by Scorecard
- Filter by feedback
- Filter by date
- Click Apply
Ai Scorecard Analytics
Dialpad provides Supervisors and Admins a clear overview of their team's and agent's performance with in-depth analytics of scorecard performance and agent, team and group usage.
Learn all about scorecard analytics in this Help Center article.
Is there a cost to join the Early Adopter Program?
No! However, in exchange for early access to this feature, we do ask that you share your honest feedback with us.
How do I share feedback?
We want to hear all about your experience! Please send feedback to us at AiScorecardFeedback@dialpad.com
Are Ai Scorecards automatically included in my plan?
No. There is an additional monthly fee to use our Scorecards feature.
If you are already using QA Scorecards, there is no additional fee for the Ai component.
Can I restrict visibility to my Scorecards (so only I can see them)?
Currently, there is no way to restrict scorecard visibility. When you create an Ai Scorecard, it is visible to all other Supervisors, Contact Center Admins, Office Admins, and QA Graders.
Can I use Ai Scorecards on any call?
No. Ai Scorecards can only be used on Contact Center and Coaching Team calls.
Once I’ve created a new Ai Scorecard, can it analyze my agents' historical calls?
No. Once a Ai Scorecard has been created and published it will begin to analyze all net new calls from the time the scorecard was published.
If I already have QA Scorecards, can I still use my cards?
Yes, you can continue to use your published scorecards — however, those scorecards will not be able to use Ai to help grade calls. To use Ai-powered questions, you’ll need to create a new scorecard.
What languages does Ai Scorecards support?
Currently, Ai Scorecards are only available in English and Spanish.
Are Ai Scorecards available on all Dialpad platforms?
Not just yet, but we're working on it! Currently, Ai Scorecards are available only on the Dialpad browser app and our desktop app. You will not see Ai Scorecards on your Dialpad Mobile apps.
Can I try Ai Scorecards during my free trial?
Not at this time. Ai Scorecards are available on all paid Ai Sales and Ai Contact Center plans.
Can I edit trigger words or phrases on a published Ai Scorecard?
Yes! You can edit your card’s Ai trigger words at any time.
Can I edit the questions on a published Ai Scorecard?
Not at this time. You can only edit trigger words and phrases, not the scorecard’s questions.
Can I create a scorecard without Ai questions?
Yes. Ai questions are optional, you can create your own QA Scorecard without it.
Why aren’t all of my trigger words and phrases being answered by Ai?
The Ai QA question engine runs in real-time and matches against words and phrases immediately after they are spoken. Occasionally, these immediate words are updated a few seconds later, once more context is available (usually due to punctuation, time, date, currency or number formatting)
Transcript adjustments sometimes lead to AI questions being missed, even if the phrase is present in the final call transcript.
For example, the real-time sentence “thank you for calling office three six five support how may I help” is formatted to “Thank you for calling Office365 support. How may I help?” after the call is completed.
The phrase “how may I help” was missed as a separate sentence because is it transcribed in real-time as “how may I help”