Have contacts you'd like to share across your Company? Just provide us with a CSV file of your existing contacts and our support team will upload them to Dialpad.
Formatting your CSV
Only include the following required fields:
- Country** (only required for #s outside the US)
*If you're adding more than 1 phone #, just separate them with a |. Ex: 7777777777|5555555555.
**International numbers require the country code and abbreviation.
Dialpad Tip: We won't be able to accept #s formatted with periods ex: 777.777.7777. Unformatted numbers (4152222222) work the best.
We've added an example CSV for download at the bottom of this article.
Interacting with Shared Contacts
Once the upload is complete, your shared contacts will be searchable by every user within your Company. A few things to keep in mind:
- Shared contacts that interact with Depts will display a colored tag and will create a Dept contact
- Communication history (calls & messages) with shared contacts that interact with a Dept will be searchable/viewable by Operators
- Updates to shared contacts affect every instance of the shared contact in Dialpad (including their listings in your Dept)
- Shared contacts are editable by every user in your Company
Updating Contact Info
Edit any of the following fields and Dialpad will update the contact's profile wherever it appears:
- Company Role
Shared contacts can be deleted, however, it will only delete the user’s specific communication history, text content, etc. The shared contact will still be searchable after deletion.
Lastly, shared contacts don't sync back to G Suite or Office 365.