You can check the audio settings of your desktop app, including your default mic and speakers, from your app header or profile drop-down.
If you'd rather use a headset, make sure that you've got the following set up:
- USB wired headset or USB dongle wireless headset
- Headset is selected in your computer's sound settings
- Headset is selected as default microphone in your Chrome browser (Chrome app users)
- Docking station is plugged directly into your laptop
Connecting a new USB headset will prompt an overlay, asking whether you'd like to continue to use that specific device.
Additionally, if we detect a change in your speaker we'll trigger a passive alert bar. This usually happens when docking with an external monitor that has built-in speakers.
You can tweak how the app notifies you of new calls or messages, including where calls ring out of (default speakers, headset, etc.)
From your profile drop-down, select App Settings to make these adjustments.
Run a System Test
If you're not sure that you've got everything set up correctly, try running a system test to gain some deeper insights and troubleshooting help.
We've added a link to our system test right within your desktop app — you can access the link by either:
- Clicking the headset icon in your app then Test Audio
- Selecting App Settings > Audio Test from your profile drop-down.